Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/30/14
“I’m not going to tell you to worry less.  I’m going to tell you to hope more.”  (Cora from Downton Abbey)  You can tell people not to worry…but most of us worry just the same.  When an “unknown” is bothering us, worry usually kicks in.  Cora suggests letting “hope” replace some of that worry-time.  The psalmist writes (71:14), “I will always have hope.  I will praise the Lord more and more.”  Let’s try to echo those words.    ;-)  Jack

FROM PERSNICKITY LOU:  It's not "Downtown"; it's "Downton"!====JACK:  I only copied what was sent to me.  Since I haven't seen any of the series, what do I know?

FROM TARMART REV:  "Strength for today...hope for tomorrow!!"====JACK:  There are people I know who need that strength for their tomorrows, as well as for today.====REV:  I'm hoping that "bread of strength for today" causes us to hope for the same tomorrow."====JACK:  What is "bread of strength?"====REV:  I was using a little 'word game' to make my point..."give us our daily bread" or strength for today...with the sure hope He will provide that same "daily bread of strength" for tomorrow...' I get too wordy at times, Jack...I know!! 0;-/

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  we're getting ready for preschool graduation.  the last song the children sing in the presentation is bob marley's, "three little birds".  "don't worry 'bout a thing...cause every little thing gonna be alright!"====JACK:  From your experience...What are the worries that bother little children, and how do you reassure them?====MARY:  little ones are afraid of what they are not told by the adults in their realm.  i am always honest with children and assure them that whatever comes their way will be ok with help from the "big people" in their life.  then it is our responsibility to help their big people through the transitions.  it's a big world out there.  thanks for asking.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  My favotite quote on worrying is:"Worrying will do nothing about solving your problems for tomorrow, but it'll sure mess up your  today."====JACK:  One day at a time...as the saying goes!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  II is good to be an eternal optimist one day at a time.====JACK:  The song. "One day at a time, Sweet Jesus," was written by Patsy Cline, but she died before she was able to record it.  You can hear it on YouTube.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'm not sure why, but this quote reminded me of a comment by Gen Colin Powell when asked what it was like to oversee a war,(Iraq); "I sleep like a baby; every two hours I wake up screaming..":-)  I'm a fan of Downton Abby, having watched it from the inception of the series. Worry comes with the territory of being human, I'd say, but faith in God being in ultimate charge, does help, at least it helps me!====JACK:  You probably heard tornado warning sirens this week.  Did you worry or hope or both?

No comments: