Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/23/14
Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”  (Nap Hill)  I’m reading a book in which the author writes, “My problems have been my greatest gifts.”  An unplanned pregnancy, dropping out of school, divorce, cancer.  Gifts?  She goes on to tell how each of these “bad” events turned out to be “good.”  One of the chapters is titled, “Give time time.”  It’s happened in my life.  And, yours?    ;-)  Jack     

FROM JAYDEE IN MINNESOTA: "ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD FOR THOSE THAT LOVE THE LORD."====JACK:  When things don't seem to be working out for the good, some may wonder whether or not the Lord loves them.  We must reassure them (and us) that God is love...God is love...God is love. 

FROM TARMART REV:  The driving force from within to overcome my insecurity has very often been my greatest motivator for a higher degree of success.====JACK:  Even the motivators need motivation.

FROM THE KALUMET KING:  Zippidy du dah,  zippidy ay,  my of my what a  wonderful day.  Jesus is risen, He’s here today!  Jesus is risen to show us the way!  I sung that to open the worship on Easter morning.====JACK:  The choir at our church sang the Hallelujah Chorus.  Leave it you to sing Zippidy du dah.  I wish I could have been there to hear it...and what followed..

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL: good thoughts for today, Jack.  thanks.====JACK:  For more good thoughts, read the book...GOD NEVER BLINKS by Regina Brett.

FROM A FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR:  Your winning words today really hit home - we have all faced adversity at one time or another and with God's grace we are better for it.  Thank you for sharing. ====JACK:  "Into each life some rain must fall..."  God's grace can be an umbrella.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Thanx, Jack. Hill is a voice out of the past for me. I've read his books. Have a great day!====JACK:  Napoleon, Zig, Earl...those were some good motivational speakers.  Can you name some others?====GEORGE:  One guy whose name I've forgotten was a "Mr. Positive." He came to the QCs once to speak and published a monthly magazine on the power of positive thinking.====JACK:  Could it have been David Boufford?  He calls himself Mr. Positive and is a consultant to businesses, helping them to see the glass, not only half-full, but overflowing.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  This reminds me of a Philip Yancy (one of my favorite authors!) QUOTE: "Faith, I've concluded, means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse."  So often what seems like a terrible situation, irons out to be, as you say, a blessing, or gives us new insights. I like "Give time, time!"====JACK:  I'm saving that Yancy quote.  It's a good one.  There are some true stories out there that illustrate the truth of Yancy's words.

FROM JUDY, JUDY:  My favorite quote from the movie “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” is: Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end.====JACK:  Thanks for a great follow up quote.  Don't be surprised if it shows up one day as Winning Words.

FROM AW IN MICHIGAN:  More winning words with plenty of food for thought.  Thanks. ====JACK:  Food for thought?  Yes...Something to chew on and digest and give strength!

FROM DP IN MINNESOTA:  I sent this message to my dear daughter who is scheduled for open heart surgery May 1.  This week she underwent a procedure to close a hole in her heart, but when that did not work,the next best option will be open heart surgery. Painful for all of us.====JACK:  It's amazing what the doctors are able to do these days...things that were impossible a few years ago.  But...even more amazing are the workings of God.  We trust your daughter into the grace of God, the great physician.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our daughter and her fiancé are getting married June 7th, in New Orleans, destination wedding. Amidst all the trips to New Orleans to make arrangements with all the people involved, she's had a "melt-down" a couple of times. Stressed out. She told me last night, on the phone, that she thinks she needs "to let go". I told her I am reading this book about aging well and the author says the healthiest old people have learned "to let go" and to accept aging and so forth. I hope the wedding will be such a wedding that all of our eyes are shining and awed by the beauty of what God is doing in their and our lives and maybe it's this understanding and wisdom about "letting go" that is giving God the chance to do His work among us.
Trying not to be stressed out in Southfield,
S.H. in MI