Thursday, April 10, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 4/10/14
“It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.”  (Diane Grant)  Parents advise their children to avoid getting in with the wrong crowd.  I read an article which said that, psychologically, an individual can put aside what they know is right when they are with a bad crowd.  It can work in the other direction, too.  The right crowd can influence for the better.  Even adults need to choose friends wisely.    ;-)  Jack.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: This reminds me of the old Marty Robbins song "I Walk Alone". ====JACK:  ...and then there's the song, "You'll never walk alone," which reminds me of the popular poem, "Footprints."

EDUCATOR PAUL:  I love this!!!!! Thanks!====JACK:  Thanks for being a friend.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Old friends and new friends are what makes this life interesting.  At our age we should have the smarts to know how to choose friends-usually those with the same interests and values.  We saw Jersey Boys last night and that is definitely a message of choosing friends in my opinion.====JACK:  You are really "with it," going to see Jersey Boys.  You probably knew some of the songs.  Was there dancing in the aisles?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This reminds me of the song Jerry Lewis always sang at the end of the MD tele-a-thon.  "Walk on walk on.... you will never walk alone."  It's easy to say and do this now as I read it, but when I was young, it was hard to tell which path to take.  I think I would probably have been one of those people in the crowd to watch Jesus take his long walk to the cross but I would have been hiding behind the crowd and would have watched from a distance.====JACK:  It can be lonely to walk alone...but the Lord says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee," so we are never alone. ====JUDY:  I'm glad we do have a God Who won't desert us in the midst of trial!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true! I'm glad I had "wholesome" friends, growing up in Moline! i'm on my son's computer, as mine has been out since Monday,l and won't be fixed until next mondayl, the 14th!! :-(  ====JACK:  The "Y" had a big influence of my life...and my after school work, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the old Marty Robbins song "I Walk Alone".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxkH8HXSZY&feature=kp