Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 3/25/14
“My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.”   (Oprah Winfrey)  The Bible describes heaven as having gates of pearl and streets of gold, a very beautiful place.  I see heaven as beyond imagination…but if I did imagine, I would not be surprised to see a lot of people in the line with a sign stating: ”Questions answered here.”  What is it that you expect to experience when you cross over?    ;-)  Jack

 FROM BRIAN:  Sweet Peace!====JACK:  What a nice expression...and hope!  Graco makes an infant soothing swing which is called, "Sweetpeace."  Perhaps your hope of Sweet Peace includes sitting in a swing and feeling soothed.

 FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  In heaven, there would be no television.====JACK:  Probably no I-Phones, either.  Just harp music?

 FROM HONEST JOHN:  God====JACK:  How do you suppose we will recognize him/her? ====JOHN:  How could we not?====JACK:  With God, all things are possible.  So, be ready for some surprises.====JOHN:  Just be ready for whatever The Lord wants....to presuppose would be beyond stupidity

 FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  i think i might have to bake myself a potato tonight.  they do look kind of fluffy, like angel clouds.  yummmmmmmmmmm.====JACK:  I prefer mashed potatoes and gravy...and a couple of friends.

 FROM PH IN MINNESOTA:  a huge family reunion with lots of good food and fellowship with no particular awareness of time or space...====JACK:  Will the food include lutefisk?====PH:  only for those with an official Norweigan passport and/or birth certificate...

 FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  I just saw that there is a movie being released on the book, "Heaven is for Real." Also very curious to see Russell Crowe play Noah. Wonder how Hollywood will do that? ====JACK:  Did you know that there are many ark stories, in the writings of various religions?  Many theologians consider them to be allegorical, while others consider the ark story to be taken literally.  What do you think?

 FROM MT IN PENNSYLVANIA:  I feel an enveloping sense of peace, rest, and security.   This interpretation may have been 'colored' by the tumultuous year that I've just been through. If I were feeling more peppy and adventurous, I'd probably add 'lots of opportunities to do good things for others'. ====JACK:  Many times our theological beliefs are dependent upon what is going on in our day to day living.

 FROM TARMART REV:  It will be definitely like “Heaven!" . . . how's that for a copout, Jack?!?! "What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed]” (I Corinthians 2:9 Amplified Bible). ====JACK:  I once had a church member who "died" on the operating table.  She told me what it was like to be on the doorstep of heaven.  What do you think of those near-death experiences?====REV: Very real for those who experience them...I try to enjoy their experience with them...not too keen of holding their view as factual as some are found contradicting another's. If I ever have one I will be sure I share it with you as well.

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  With Oprah, it's probably half-baked.====JACK:  There was a movie, "One Foot In Heaven."  You seem to imply that Oprah might get half-way in...but not all the way.

 FROM DP IN MINNESOTA:  I think we will be "Spirits"...none of the human stuff...? ?   ?   ?      ? ====JACK:  We seem to be reading from the same book, the same page and the same paragraph.

 FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  I'm with Oprah w/the "heaven on earth" experience. As for what I anticipate when(and if) I cross over....it's God's plan. But if I had a choice, I'd like to be one of those who fly effortlessly from person to person and place to place (like in Crouching Tigers and Hidden Dragon)...doing "You're an angel" things....the unexpected, needed.....rather than just eternally smiling benignly (as is oft portrayed)...but God's pleasure....I'll take heaven in any form...(as opposed to...) ====JACK:  You're right.  Our heavenly thoughts are colored by our earthy experiences.  It's hard to express the inexpressible, or to put the infinite into a finite container.

 FROM CS IN WISCONSIN:  Notice how the old woman is gazing back at the life that she is leaving...then passes through the veil of death into the open arms of the Savior.  The "Come Unto Me" bronze sculpture took more than a year to make its first appearance.  Unveiled in the 2000, the original life-sized bronze monument stands in the grand foyer of the Spilsbury Mortuary in St. George Utah   It has become a scenic attraction, in addition to a comfort to countless families at a most tender time of their lives.
It portrays the spiritual journey from mortality to immortality: an aged woman's body, returning to its prime, and back to the arms of our Savior.  Death is not the end. We all have an eternal destiny, as "Come Unto Me" portrays."For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on
Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16    (KJV)====JACK:  That certainly is a piece of art which would appeal to the "heaven" beliefs of many people.
 

FROM BLAZING OAKS:   AH, WELL, HEAVEN IS IN THE TASTE-BUDS OF THE BEHOLDER, EH?!  GIVE ME A PERFECTLY BROILED LOBSTER TAIL WITH DRAWN BUTTER,  AND  A BAKED POTATO CAN ACCOMPANY THAT!  IN REAL HEAVEN, A REUNION WITH LOVED ONES AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MUSIC EVER HEARD...BUT I'M SURE WE CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE  "REAL": HEAVEN HOLDS!! HAVE READ A GREAT NUMBER OF "NEAR DEATH" TESTIMONIES IN BOOKS WHICH VARY WIDELY, BUT ALL INTERESTING! ====JACK:  I think that a heavenly "reunion" is what the majority of believers are anticipating.

 FROM MOLINER JT:  Old friendships renewed.====JACK:  I hope that it might be different from the experience when old high school classmates get together, and the question is often asked, "Now, who are you?"

 FROM CWR IN MICHIGAN:   Lots of Rum Raisin Ice Cream ====JACK:  Evidently, you intend to be in a place where the ice cream won't melt.

 FROM MK IN MICHIGAN:  Peace like I have never known, Love beyond my human possibility…..and hopefully my Crowley Cat!====JACK:  I have a book with the title, "Will my dog go to heaven?"  If dogs go to heaven, I suppose there's room for cats, too.

 FROM RS IN TEXAS:  After reading a number of "near death" or "died and came back" accounts, the one consistent thing was overwhelming love. No stress, so strain, just consumed by unconditional love.  I'm all for that!   As our pastor asked recently........if Heaven is so much better than anything could possibly be on earth, and if you believed you are saved by grace and going to Heaven............then why does everyone want to live so long??  Interesting question.====JACK:  Perhaps this is why..."The world is so full of a number of things,  I ’m sure we should all be as happy as kings."  (Robert Louis Stevenson)

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Jesus' loving open-arms!  Behind Him will be my family and friends! ====JACK:  Heaven is something to be shared with friends...like a baked potato, but better.










1 comment:

SBP said...

I'm with Oprah w/the "heaven on earth" experience. As for what I anticipate when(and if) I cross over....it's G0d's plan. But if I hac a choice, I'd like to be one of those who fly effortlessly from person to person and place to place (like in Crouching Tigers and Hidden Dragon)...doing "You're an angel" things....the unexpected, needed.....rather than just eternally smiling benignly (as is oft portrayed)...but God's pleasure....I'll take heaven in any form...(as opposed to...)