Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 2/12/14
“There’s always a little truth behind ‘just kidding,’ a little emotion behind ‘I don’t care,’ a little pain behind ‘I’m OK,’ a little need behind ‘Leave me alone.’”  (Truth Quotes)  Good Human Resource people are able to read between the lines when handling personnel issues.  The ability to pick up on the hidden meaning of words would serve us well in getting along with people.  Be on the lookout for unspoken messages.    ;-)  Jack

  FROM HONEST JOHN:  I tend to shy away from the term "always".   Otherwise I would agree with that assessment.====JACK:  I take it, then, that you've never sung the song, "Always," to your wife .====JOHN:  No, but World War One Flying Aces ALWAYS call infantry in the trenches Poor Blighters. ====JACK:  You made me look up, blighter...====JOHN:  Snoopy was an incredible character....I think, my favorite.====JACK:   Our granddaughter heard my wife use the expression, "poor thing," and asked her, "What's a poor thing?"  When Snoopy sees himself as a WW 1 flying ace, he teaches us things that we might not know about that time in history.

 FROM TARMART REV:  Today's WW is definitely one for my archive of treasures...reading properly the various expressions before me...humor, sarcasm, etc very often come with deeper meaning...I know that firsthand as one who has demonstrated it on many occasion.====JACK:  Let there be no equivocation!

 FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  So needed in every relationship ====.JACK:  Your response reminds me of this wife/husband conversation.  He: "What's wrong?"  She:  "If you don't know, I'm not telling you.".

 FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Good WW. Unspoken messages are tricky. They always drive me to God because above all I don't want to misread them and further hurt the person but think, say or do something that is helpful.====JACK:  I guess we don't have to know every hidden message.  Some people seem to be satisfied to "suffer in silence."

 FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Those Truth Quotes reveal some unexpressed attitudes that exist in most of us.  Those expressions are somewhat akin to Freudian slips, where persons make an inadvertent mistake in speech, exposing the person's actual subconscious attitude.  It seems we want to get our message out there, but not too blatantly.====JACK:  Sometimes I say to myself, "I don't care," when I really do.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  These words are excellent. I forwarded them to my family! Pete Seeger, who recently passed away, once said, "It is a very important thing to learn to talk to people you disagree with."  You get some unique insights if you do this!  Yes, we are all unique, even if you are (were) an identical twin! You are YOUnique to bring WW to us each day!! Kudos, Jack!====JACK:  What was unique about your twin compared to you?  Like two peas in a pod?  Maybe that saying isn't true, especially if you compared the DNA.

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  ... and a little resentment behind, "Have it your way."====JACK:  Yes, that's another one.  Can you think of others?====PFC:  ,,, and a little jealousy behind, "Congratulations!"

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  always a lot of truth behind "just kidding."====JACK:  When I hear that one, I almost always wonder if they really are....just kidding.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good WW. Unspoken messages are tricky. They always drive me to God because above all I don't want to misread them and further hurt the person but think, say or do something that is helpful.
S.H. in MI