Monday, February 10, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 2/10/14
“Never think that God’s delays are God’s denials.  Hold on; hold fast; hold out.”
  (Comte de Buffon)  I saw a cartoon of a man praying, “God, don’t put me on hold again.”  The Lord doesn’t wear a wristwatch, so answered prayer isn’t governed by time.  God responds as would a loving parent.  Sometimes, “Yes,” and sometimes, “No.”  And, “Let’s wait awhile.”  I appreciate the Lord’s Prayer…”Thy will be done.”    ;-)  Jack

 FROM TARMART REV:  Speechless this morning, Jack . . . but appreciative of your word!!====JACK:  Do you really ever find yourself at a loss for words?

 FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Truly enjoyed your WW this morning!!!! And think I will write them out and memorize them to share with others. Usually people tend to think God's "No" is a denial and meant to "take something away from them". How wonderful to realize that God isn't like that but actually always giving everything we need. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Thanks, I needed to get these WW!!!!====JACK:  Some people get confused when reading parts of the Bible, but there should be no confusion when it is said that God is the ultimate "loving parent."  God's children are truly blessed.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  These words are some of my favorites!  I wonder if Comte de Buffon was the same count who's last name became a new word: Buffoon.  Perhaps not.  But his words are so very true.  In this fast paced "want it now" world, there are times we just have to sit back and wait.  God knows what we need and it's not always what we want.====JACK:   Comte de Buffon was anything but a buffoon.  Besides that, the word, buffoon, has its origin long before Buffon was born.  You're right, tho, in saying that "instant gratification" is a sign of the times.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It's hard to be patient, or have hope when you've prayed a very long time about something that is dear to your heart, but what choice do you  have, really? You just have to trust that for some  reason that particular petition  isn't God's will for whatever reason. We can't see WHY it wouldn't be within His will, but we don't know everything! Keep holding on...! Good reminder today, of who's ultimately in charge.====JACK:  I do more than appreciate the petition..."Thy will be done."  I depend on it.  Martin Luther explained the petition this way:  "The good and gracious will of God is surely done without our prayer, but we ask in this prayer that it may be done also among us."

 FROM JT IN MINNESOTA:  David passed away on January 25th.  I am still a bit overwhelmed and trying to keep up with things I need to do.   Seems like the winning words have fit my occasions very well during this change in my life.====JACK:  Keep doing what you did in the days before the 25th...One day at a time!  You lived the "care" in care-giver.  We continue to remember you in prayer.

 FROM JR IN ANDOVER:  The “Blind boys of Alabama” sing “Holdin’ on! Holdin’ on!”.====JACK:  I'll have to see if good old Youtube can come through for me.  (PAUSE)  I was only able to pull up a few bars of the song, but I did reads the lyrics....Interesting!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly enjoyed your WW this morning!!!! And think I will write them out and memorize them to share with others. Usually people tend to think God's "No" is a denial and meant to "take something away from them". How wonderful to realize that God isn't like that but actually always giving everything we need. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Thanks, I needed to get these WW!!!!