Monday, January 06, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 1/6/14
“I will love the light, for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness, for it shows me the stars.”  (Og Mandino)  “I’ve seen the light” is an expression, meaning, “Now, I understand!”  Tradition says that the Magi visited Jesus on January 6, having followed the “star.”  That day is called, Epiphany.  In our lives we can have epiphanies, times when we’ve seen the light.  Ahah moments!  Do you remember any?    ;-)  Jack

 FROM TARMART REV:  "The day I met the pastor of the Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, with the dove on their stained glass window, and he welcomed me and the church I represented to West Bloomfield, MI!!" ====JACK:  St. Paul speaks of "partnership in the Gospel," not competitors.  Jesus also encourages us to love one another as God has first loved us.

 FROM MICHIZONE RAY:  I have had many, and I love the phrase, "epiphanic experience". It sounds as illustrious as it is! I have often wondered "where" these insights are sourced. I have come to believe that they can't come from my brain because I can't think of what I know not of; so they must come through my mind as a gift from God Himself. Where else? ====JACK:  This morning I was reading a bout a company that is making a 3-d silicon heart that operates like a human heart.  Is the next step going to be a 3-d silicon brain? ====RAY:  Maybe...but I doubt man can manufacture a mind!?====JACK:  Probably not in my lifetime or yours or ever.  But, you never say never.

 FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  The Blues Brothers====JACK:  You can replay that scene in your mind, or call it up on Youtube...like I'm going to do right now!

 FROM JK IN CALIFORNIA:  Thanks for this. I'm done living in the darkness. It has helped me see the stars, and they shine very bright for me.====JACK:  This song was a "hit" for Willie Nelson.
I wandered so aimless, life filled with sin
I wouldn't let my dear savior in
Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night
Praise the Lord, I saw the light
I saw the light, I saw the light
No more darkness, no more night
Now I'm so happy, no sorrow in sight
Praise the Lord, I saw the light

 FROM  OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Innumerable times for which I am deeply grateful.  To pick one would be very hard.====JACK:  How about when you first met Gary?====JUDY:  I was 11 and Gary was 9.  We were both in the Sunday School Chorus.  I never ever pictured myself married to him.  After 35 1/2 years, I guess I did the right thing.  I wouldn't trade him for anybody!

 FROM AJ IN MICHIGAN:  My husband, being German, does recognize and celebrate, in our own way Epiphany...Usually just a noting of it and turning off our outside Christmas lights as a close to the season. ====JACK:  I've always thought that January 6 was an appropriate day for taking down the Christmas tree.  Other voices say, "Let's keep it up another week."  And, sometimes, it turns into...more.

 FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS:  We are celebrating Epiphany today with the kids moving the magi into the creche.  My dad liked og Mandino – you’ve got me again.====JACK:  Have you noticed that the tempo of "We Three Kings of Orient Are" is like that of the walk of a camel?  Try it!

 FROM PH IN MESA:  this one i really like.====JACK:  Sometimes sermons are like that.

2 comments:

Ray Gage said...

I have had many, and I love the phrase, "epiphanic experience". It sounds as illustrious as it is! I have often wondered "where" these insights are sourced. I have come to believe that they can't come from my brain because I can't think of what I know not of; so they must come through my mind as a gift from God Himself. Where else?

Ray Gage said...

Maybe...but I doubt man can manufacture a mind!?