Monday, August 19, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 8/19/13
“A year from now you may wish that you had started today.”  (Karen Lamb)  BTW, how are you doing with those resolutions you made a few months ago?  A Scranton Univ. study shows that 75% last a week and 46% last 6 months.  2nd most popular on the list is “to get better organized.”  I cleaned off my desk today.  Seriously, write a resolution on a piece of paper and keep it before you…on your clean desk.  And, be realistic!    ;-)  Jack

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I don't make resolutions but I will make an exception this morning.  I will do some praying about it an choose one.====JACK:  A resolution can be, simply, a goal.

 FROM CL IN MICHIGAN:  Isn't that the  truth?====JACK:  As the saying goes...Not to decide is to decide.

 FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS:  I did not have a resolution/goal either…I know with my Shaklee/nutrition business that folks are very particular about setting definable, realistic goals and sticking with them; people also do this in their spiritual life – say it’s important to pray specifically for exactly what you feel led to request.  Hmmmm – I’m more about the very broad generalizations “world peace”  “family harmony” – I think G-d pays attention to those requests too.====JACK: Does Shaklee make pizzas?  Or, is that the Shakley Pizza Co?  My goal is to have a small pepperoni pizza every Sunday for supper .  Maybe I should have a more realistic goal?  But, yes....People need to have realistic, do-able goals in their life, the spiritual, the nutritional and the pedestrian.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My system is to take one day at a time and to work on a list of things to do and to cross them off.  That is fun.====JACK:  I only make a list when I can't see the desk because of too much stuff.

 FROM ANONYMOUS:  The past several years I've made the same resolution to not make resolutions. I know me! "...to thine own self be true." I'm not a resolution keeper. Post-its!! !My cluttered desk---doors ...drawers are a collage of Post-its! (Goals?)And somewhere in the midst is one in large script "Organize these!" Again WW provides a stimulus for thinking..doing....Being realistic..at my age..the status quo wins.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  BOY, AINT IT THE TRUTH!!  I NEEDED TO START LAST YEAR CLEARING OUT MY HOUSE AND GARAGES, GETTING READY TO SELL THIS BIG  HOUSE AND YARD, AND STILL (!) HAVEN'T STARTED!! UNLESS YOU COUNT SOME DRAWERS....:-(  STILL, ITS A PLEASANT PLACE TO BE, ON THE LAKE, AS LONG AS  I CAN DRIVE:  GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!====JACK:  If we wait long enough, someone will do it for us.  But, that wouldn't be fair.

 FROM BIG AL:  We did,  Our 5 kids and their family met at the Prospect park Pavilion yesterday to celebrate Mazie and My 65th Wedding Anniversary.  OOOOH AAAAH====JACK:  OOH and AHH can be the result of overdoing it, too, but that's probably not the case in your situation.   




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The past several years I've made the same resolution to not make resolutions. I know me! "...to thine own self be true." I'm not a resolution keeper. Post-its!! !My cluttered desk---doors ...drawers are a collage of Post-its! (Goals?)And somewhere in the midst is one in large script "Organize these!" Again WW provides a stimulus for thinking..doing....Being realistic..at my age..the status quo wins.