Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 7/18/13
“As long as the world is spinning, we’re gonna be dizzy and we’re gonna make mistakes.”  (Mel Brooks)  I remember being on a carnival ride when someone started yelling, “Stop, stop, I have to get off.”  There was a famous musical, “Stop the World, I Want to Get off.”  In spite of our wish, the world keeps spinning.  Events that make us “dizzy” continue to happen.  After it’s over, some will say, “That was fun!”   ;-)  Jack

 FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  These WW are no mistake for me this day--perfect for something that has been happening in our neck of the woods here. But right when the devil seemed to have won, something funny happened yesterday, the scale tipped and a bunch of people's perspective got bigger and I think by tomorrow we'll all be saying "That was fun!" We have no other shepherd but the Lord.  Thanks a million.
====JACK:  "All the way, my shepherd leads me."  Take me to your leader!.

 FROM TAR-MART REV:  I remembered the song , "Dizzy" from your post: "Dizzy, I'm so dizzy my head is spinning, Like a whirlpool it never ends . . . " Over a woman , of course.====JACK:  Dizzy Dean was a great baseball pitcher.  Perhaps you could add Dizzy to your name to indicate that you are a great reverend. ====REV:  I can hear the greeting now, "Hi, Pastor Dizzy Duck!"

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  Does the world north of the equator spin clockwise and counter-clockwise south of the equator? How come people don't fall of when they cross it?====JACK:  I don't know, and I don't care.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes, and as the days go by, I find that I don't have to push myself or rush to enjoy each day.====JACK:  I don't think that I'd stand in line again to ride the roller coaster.  Been there; done that.




  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These WW are no mistake for me this day--perfect for something that has been happening in our neck of the woods here. But right when the devil seemed to have won, something funny happened yesterday, the scale tipped and a bunch of people's perspective got bigger and I think by tomorrow we'll all be saying "That was fun!" We have no other shepherd but the Lord.
Thanks a million.
S.H. in MI