Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Winning Words 5/21/13
“Someday I'll wish upon a star And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.”  (Judy Garland)  Do you remember the scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy is running home as the tornado approaches?  Yesterday’s Oklahoma tornadoes were not make believe; the devastation was real.  “Wishing on a star” doesn’t cause the bad things in life to go away.  But people assisting people in need helps ease the burdens.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  a friend said the red cross really helped her family after a disaster years ago, so i texted "redcross" to 90999. cell bill is charged. every $10 helps... ====JACK:  There's something good about the way that gifts can be given immediately.  Often, with the passage of time, the check doesn't get written and mailed.  "Strike while the iron is hot."

 FROM WALMART REV:  Well stated, Jack, as usual...remember well those days in Kansas, myself...heart goes out to those folk...when they started their day, they had no idea the devastation awaiting their them...we will now see what ours has in store for us today!?    0:-/====JACK:  You're right!  There are different kinds of "tornadoes," and they can strike at any time.  As the Bible puts it, the Lord will come like "an unexpected tornado."

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Words can't express how we all feel today.  It's almost unreal to watch the photos on the news.  We were in Missouri all week, with a trek down to Arkansas.  It's such a wonderful and powerful testimony to our country to see the people rushing to help and even putting themselves in harm"s way. ====JACK:  I drove, with our family, through a violent wind/rain storm once.  Later we discovered that it was a tornado.  I'd never do that again.

 FROM LG TO HER DAUGHTER:  My friend, Pastor Jack's quote of the day is perfect for you and your friends in Moore today. Please sing this song for Sarah's little girls, Kim. It will bring them serenity--which is peace in the midst of the chaos... And I want you to record it for me like you did that one song a few years ago.  Life is so precious and so short. I love you, my sweet girl, forever until the end of time...Mom
====JACK:   Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby.  Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,  Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star  And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,  Away above the chimney tops,  That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high  There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue  And the dreams that you dare to dream,  Really do come true.

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  WE may be a divided nation, but it is incredible to see how "bonded" we can get in time if of need.====JACK:  I'm reminded of this line in Onward, Christian Soldiers...
"We are not divided, all one body we,   one in hope and doctrine, one in charity."

 FROM AJ IN MICHIGAN:  This is one of my favorite songs !!!====JACK:  ...and one of my favorite movies.

No comments: