Thursday, March 21, 2013

Winning Words 3/21/13
“You never regret the things you do, only the things you don’t do.”  (Steve Jobs)  I don’t want to be picky, but sometimes we do regret the things we do.  However, I think Jobs is referring to the regrets of life.  “If only--”  I can identify with the song, “My Way” and the line, “Regrets, I’ve had a few.”  When life’s menu is put before us, we sometimes choose a burger and fries instead of steamed broccoli, a “lite”salad and prunes.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  steve jobs was plenty smart, but did he regret he cheated apple's co-creator early in their careers? apparently not. i agree w/you, jack.////JACK:  I'm sure that Steve had his regrets, things done and not done, like the rest of us.  So, we move on...hoping that we've learned a lesson or two.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I AGREE WITH YOU...WE CERTAINLY DO SOMETIMES REGRET THINGS WE DO, AS WELL AS THINGS WE FAIL TO DO!  I THINK IT WAS HILLARY CLINTON WHO SAID, "EVERY MOMENT WASTED LOOKING BACK, KEEPS US FROM MOVING FORWARD." AS  WE ARE CONSTANTLY REMINDED, "NOBODY IS PERFECT (THAT WOULD BE STEALING FROM GOD??!)  BUT WE DO OUR BEST MOST OF THE TIME....////JACK:  As the old saying goes..."Do your best, and God will do the rest."

 FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  There are regrets both ways – indeed a part of message of the church, sin of commission and sin of omission.

No comments: