Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Winning Words 3/13/13
“The Church has a great Lost and Found Dept."  (Robert Short – adapted)  Recently I lost my cell phone.  What a relief when I found it.  Yo-Yo Ma lost his $2.5 M cello.  It was later found in the trunk of a NYC cab.  What a relief!.  People can become lost, too.  Perhaps you know of some.  I’m glad for those organizations that don’t give up on them.  “There is joy in heaven (and in other places, too) when the lost is found.”    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  I've never found much competition over the one lamb caught in the briar, as most are very consumed with the ninety and nine . . . somewhat frustrating at times, but trying to be the role model of the one out of ten that will come alongside a person when the other nine have pretty well shared their opinion of the down-and-outer (often times right on in their judgment) is intriguing, challenging and even rewarding. Kind of like you, Jack, taking an interest in that one, off to himself, Pentecostal pastor their in West Bloomfield many years ago!////JACK:  If I were going down from Jerusalem to Jericho and was attacked by robbers and left half dead by the side of the road, I'd want you to come by.

 FROM LG IN MICHIGAN:  Very good message today, Jack. I just learned yesterday that one of my past treatment clients is in jail. I've never visited anyone at the Grand Traverse County Jail, but I was just thinking this morning that perhaps I should see if I can visit her--that she's probably feeling pretty defeated right now... Then I read your note and the same thought popped into my mind again. So now I am thinking these thoughts are prompts from the Holy Spirit! She may well be someone lost who needs to be found. This gal wasn't particularly spiritual as I recall, but if He's calling me to visit her, I know he'll tell me what to say...
Thank you for your amazing dedication to this email ministry, Jack! I look forward to reading your words of wisdom added to the daily quotes! God bless you now n always!////JACK:  "I was sick and in prison and you visited me"  ...and her name was, Jesus.

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  I wonder what distressed Yo-Yo most... the loss of the fiddle or the 2.5m. My guess is that is was the cello. Old friends are irreplaceable.////JACK:  My wife has a violin that was made for her by her grandfather.  She played it when she was in her high school orchestra.  If it were to be appraised, how much do you think it would be worth? 

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Reminds me of the poem "Seniors Lament"!
My forgetter's getting better, but my rememberer is broke!
To you this may  seem funny, but to me it is no joke.
For when I'm HERE I'm wondering if I really should be THERE,
and when I try to think it through, I haven't got a prayer!
Oft times I walk into  a room and say, ":Now what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain, a zero is my score.
OR I put something away where it is "safe", but gee,
the person it is safest from is generally ME.
When out and about, I may meet someone, Say, "Hi" and have a chat,
Then when the person walks away, I ask myself "Who was that?".
Yes my forgetter's getting better, but my rememberer is broke.
It drives me almost crazy, and it isn't any JOKE!!
Glad Jesus "forgets" all our sins, and remembers to love us unconditionally!!

My good friend tucked her expensive authentic Indian silver and turquoise jewelry
away in a curtained pouch of her sewing cabinet, for safe-keeping, and it was "lost"
for 13 yrs! She was delighted to discover it again when they moved, and cleaned things out!:-)
I know several similar stories!
////JACK:  I like those "lost and found" stories from the Bible...The woman and the lost coin...The Good Shepherd seeking the lost sheep...The Prodigal Son.  Do you remember singing this Sunday School chorus?
God is so good,
God is so good,
God is so good,
He’s so good to me!
He cares for me,
He cares for me,
He cares for me,
He’s so good to me!
I love Him so,
I love Him so,
I love Him so,
He’s so good to me!
I praise His Name,
I praise His Name,
I praise His Name,
He’s so good to me!
 FROM HR IN MICHIGAN:  You have helped me find my way a number of times and I appreciate that and am thankful to you.////JACK:  Ours are generally "friend to friend" conversations.




No comments: