Friday, January 04, 2013

Winning Words 1/4/13
“Without my morning coffee I’m just like a dried-up piece of roast goat.”  (J. S. Bach)  Can you picture in your mind, Johann coming into your local Starbucks some morning, ordering a “tall,” and humming, “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring?”  Some quotes have a way of showing the humanity of an individual.  The psalmist asks, “Who has known the mind of man?”  My mind says, “I need a cup of coffee.”    ;-)  Jack

  FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Having my cup of coffee right now.  In a minute, will pour my second cup.  Really interesting to know Bach's appreciation of coffee too and also think about what a piece of dried-up roast goat might be like to chew.  Probably worse than jerky.////FROM JACK:  C.W. Post, the other cereal maker from Michigan, invented Postum, a "coffee" drink made out of grains.  After a time of popularity, it was discontinued.  Recently, I saw an ad for it, saying that it was a "healthy" alternative to coffee.  I can't imagine Bach saying, "Without my morning Postum..."

 FROM WALMART REV:  Hot chocolate for me this morning, Jack!////FROM JACK:  Did you see that Jif is now offering something new, besides peanut butter...It's Jif Chocolate-flavored Hazelnut Spread.  It's just what you need...a chocolate sandwich with your hot chocolate.

 FROM JUDY, JUDY, JUDY:  I’m with Johann…. Coffee please. And yes, Starbucks is a fav of mine. Venti misto, non-fat with a shot!////FROM JACK:  You forgot to order the roast goat.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  In  Florida where I live it is a tall glass of ice tea that gets one's mind active and awake.////FROM JACK:  That takes care of the morning.  What about the Happy Hour?

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  Anybody who pays that much for coffee really needs to "wake up." ////FROM JACK:  I suppose you're still drinking 8 O'clock.

 FROM ILLINOIS LIZ:  johann sebastian sounds like a pretty fun guy!////FROM JACK:  With his first wife, he had seven children and with his second wife, thirteen.

 FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  And its even better when you can have a cup with a good friend. ////FROM JACK;  Dunkin' Donuts is reopening in Keego.  Now, it's named, Bosko's.  You may remember that Bosko is Nadika's husband.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Our daughter Kimberly is a coffee fanatic!  She receives a lot of coffee and coffee products.  I spent the day with her today and we went shopping and to lunch together.  For Christmas, we got her a Grumpy (without my coffee) mug, a Coffee Angel (Good morning Lord, thanks for coffee). etc etc.  I forwarded this to her because Bach is one of her favorites.  I thought she might like this tidbit of knowledge!////FROM JACK:  Have you ever tasted roast goat....dried  up, or otherwise?

 FROM CZB IN COLORADO:  I do love the coffee quote today compliments of Johann (and we aren't talking about Johan who hawks Gevalia coffee!)////FROM JACK:  Fika stands for funny!  I hadn't see that Johan commercial before.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HA! WHO KNEW??!  I GUESS COFFEE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A LOOOOOOONG TIME!  I LOVE BOTH FLAVORED AND REGULAR, BUT DON'T  PATRONIZE STARBUCKS, THO BUY THE GROUND FRENCH ROAST FOR HOME USE.  I HAD ROAST, FRIED AND BOILED GOAT IN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO OUT IN THE "BUSH", WHERE MEAT IS COOKED THE SAME DAY IT IS KILLED. IT WAS NOT A TREAT; STRINGY, DRY, TOUGH...BUT THEY  DON'T HAVE MEAT MUCH, AND THEYENJOYED EVERY BITE!
ALSO HAD BOA CONSTRICTOR, ONCE, AND SMOKED STEWED CATAPILLARS THAT COME OUT ONLY ONCE A YEAR, AND ARE A TREAT TO YOUNG AND OLD...AMAZING HOW CUISINE VARIES FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY!!  ALWAYS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE!////FROM JACK:  My world has expanded!  I now know someone who has eaten roast goat...boa constrictor...and stewed caterpillars.  I don't think I'll be going to the Congo anytime soon.

 .FROM PH VACATIONING IN ARIZONA: make mine a cup of tea.  we are now in sunny AZ.////FROM JACK:  I can't imagine Bach as a tea-drinker.  A beer-drinker, maybe!

No comments: