Monday, January 14, 2013

Winning Words 1/14/13
“Sometimes it’s just easier to sit around spinning your wheels…but you never get anywhere.”  (Susan Gale)  I came across a new word recently…Turboparalysis!  It’s defined as furious motion, without movement in any direction.  It has happened with my car in a snowdrift.  It can happen with us, too.  We keep doing the same thing over and over with no result.  Maybe we need a shove to begin moving forward.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  I just got "my push" for the day . . . thanks, Jack!////FROM JACK:  There's an acronym for P.U.S.H....Pray Until Something Happens.

 FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Your Winning Words remind me of another John's winning words...one of my favorite Beatles songs.  Watching the Wheels
People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,
People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me,
When I tell that I'm doing Fine watching shadows on the wall,
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go,
People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.
////FROM JACK:  That sounds like retirement...unless you find another merry-go-round.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My name for it is downtime, which everyone needs from time to time, don't you think?////FROM JACK:  I agree with the need for some downtime.  Too much time on the merry-go-round can upset your equalibrium.

 FROM CL IN CALIFORNIA:  or a push back to bring us to our senses!!!!!!!////FROM JACK:  I read recently of a disease that reverses the aging process.  That's a "push" backward, bit it's not for me.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I READ A DEFINITION OF INSANITY SOMEWHERE THAT  STATED "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN,  AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."  IF YOU'RE SPINNING YOUR WHEELS,  YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PUT YOUR MACHINE IN GEAR, AND GO IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. WE'VE ALL HAD TO BECOME  CREATIVE AT SOME POINT, IN ORDER TO GET THE RESULTS WE DESIRE. FOR ME, PRAYER HELPS ME DO THAT! PROBABLY SERIOUS MEDITATION WORKS TOO!  GOOD WW WORDS TO STIMULATE THINKING, TODAY!////FROM JACK:  I think that yours is an Einstein quote.  I'm glad for those people pushed me forward.

No comments: