Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winning Words 12/11/12
“A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they get a job.”  (Zig Ziglar)  Z.Z., the motivational speaker, died last week.  He was known for nudging people to see the bright side of life.  “They don’t build statues of negative people.”  A writer for Forbes advises, “If you see a Ziglar book on the shelf, buy it.  A nugget found in it might change your life.”  I’ve discovered that even the motivators need to be motivated.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  Good thought...there's a treasure awaiting our discovery every morning... ////FROM JACK:  You can find a Job by looking in the Bible.  Many lessons to be learned there. ////REV:  ..."It's a real job to figure Job in the Bible!"

 FROM RI IN BOSTON:  That quote is so amusing, and so true.  As an example, often enough I'm in Home Depot and can't find what I need.  I come across clerks standing around chatting when they could be familiarizing themselves about the store's merchandise.  When asked where to find something, they don't have a clue and send me off to another clerk. ////FROM JACK:  I've found that people tend to enjoy their job when it's more than work.  It's that way for pastors, too.

 FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  This reminds me of the Zen quote: a man with no food is wise to choose hunger. Accepting our situations also includes accepting our gifts.////FROM JACK:  I guess that when you're in the meditative state, the things of this world lose their attraction  When you're absorbed in your work, it doesn't seen like a job.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true!  It's so easy to get caught up in the negative and yet, those negative times pass on too!////FROM JACK:  I always liked the Johnny Mercer song, "You gotta accent-u-ate the positive, elim-i-nate the negative."

 FROM MEDD-O-LANE:  Years ago I had the pleasure of being at one of Ziglar's talks.  He in is white suit and stage experience could make a fish fly.  He was a human being so I am sure there were moments when he too needed emotional help, but he knew his power over others and made a living with it.////FROM JACK:  White suit?  Are you sure that wasn't Colonel Sanders?...or some evangelist?  Zig was an evangelist for positive thinking..and action.

 FROM CL VISITING IN CALIFORNIA:  When I first started my career at KBC I heard a motivational speaker make the comment that success was based on ATTITUDE  not APTITUDE.  That made an impression on me and has been my motivation in both of my careers.////FROM JACK:  A slogan that has motivated me is: "It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

This reminds me of the Zen quote: a man with no food is wise to choose hunger. Accepting our situations also includes accepting our gifts.