Friday, August 10, 2012

Winning Words 8/10/12
“Wishes won’t wash dishes.”  (American Proverb)  Sometimes my sister and I would argue so much about doing the dishes, that our mother would do them herself.  But this proverb isn’t about washing dishes.  Do you remember Jiminy Cricket singing, “When you wish upon a star?”  One line goes, “Anything your heart desires will come to you.”  Do you think that prayers are like wishes?  What is your prayer?    ;-)  Jack

FROM JUDE-E IN MICHIGAN:  I really like this Jack. Prayers are like wishes and I do firmly believe in prayer. I believe Jesus listens and saints intercede for us too.  I find myself praying to St. Jude, the patron of hopeless cases a lot lately.  Does the rain wash away the burdens?  TGIF….have a nice day.////FROM JACK:  2012 mark's the 50th anniversary of the founding of St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, founded by the comedian, Danny Thomas.  He had a wish that really did come true.  BTW, for those who read the blog, St. Jude was one of the 12 disciples of Jesus, and was also known as Thaddeus.  Since he is referred to as the saint of lost causes, it's ironic to note that the recently-resigned Congressman McCotter from Michigan also goes by the name of Thaddeus.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Since I'm realizing practically all the time how limited my human thinking is and also other people's thinking whom I'm relating to, seems like I'm constantly praying that Jesus will intervene and believe that He does constantly intervene among us. He sees the big picture and knows the truth better than any of us individually or collectively. Do you think your mother was only doing what Jesus in her heart told her to do? And something about her decision really impacted upon you and your sister? Loved your WW today.////FROM JACK: In reference to asking for the intervention of Jesus, that's why I like the petition in the Lord's Prayer..."Thy will be done."  In reference to my mother, she was often called upon to emulate the patience and grace of the Lord.

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN:  My prayer is that we all find a way to love and serve each other!!!!!   Amen ////FROM JACK:  As the song goes..."Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."  Your prayer is a good one.

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Meaning, I guess, we need to put "feet" on our wishes, as well as our prayers...Do you remember the old saying, "If wishes were horses, beggars would  ride"? I wish to keep learning until the end! Mac McMillan says "You are the same today that you'll be five years from now, except for two things: the people you meet and the books you read."  Amen to that.  What would we do without interesting new people, and good books??! :-)  AND the power of prayer!////FROM JACK:  Perry Como once sang a song..."If wishes were kisses."  Taylor Swift has a new version of it.

 FROM JT IN MICHIGAN:  WW made me laugh.   My brother and I fought (it seems like every night) doing dishes.  He used cold water, she didn't rinse them, he didn't dry them.  My poor dad would sit in the living room until he couldn't stand any more.  He'd come into the kitchen and tell us to get the heck out of there, he'd do them himself.  Needless to say this would make my mother furious.  We sure put them through a lot!!  I pray for them every day, hoping they have been rewarded for the love they gave.////FROM JACK:  In today's families, it's all about who's going to load and unload the dishwasher.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I'm realizing practically all the time how limited my human thinking is and also other people's thinking whom I'm relating to, seems like I'm constantly praying that Jesus will intervene and believe that He does constantly intervene among us. He sees the big picture and knows the truth better than any of us individually or collectively. Do you think your mother was only doing what Jesus in her heart told her to do? And something about her decision really impacted upon you and your sister? Loved your WW today.
S.H. in MI