Monday, July 30, 2012

Winning Words 7/30/12
“If it were not for hope, the heart would break.”  (Greek Proverb)  Greece is one of 5 countries that have participated in all of the modern summer Olympics.  This week I’ve chosen Winning Words from each of them.  Every athlete goes into the games with the hope of doing well, even winning a medal.  As this week begins, go into it with a sense of hope.  Good things will happen when you choose to do your best.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM DR J IN OHIO:  like it!////FROM JACK:  It's interesting that the USA Women's Soccer goalie is named Hope (Solo).  I wonder why she was given that name?

 FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  BINGO!////FROM JACK:  I suppose you "hope" to win when you play BINGO at the Golden Dreams Senior Center in Bettendorf.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Certainly true. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Hope is the most important word in the English language." (I think I have quoted that before...)  Kelci Byrant's hope was fulfilled when she and her diving partner won silver yesterday! Now I feel such sympathy for the U.S. gymnast Jordan, who rated fourth of all the gymnasts in all the countries, and cannot participate in the all-around individual events, because there has to be only two from each country...and she's the  national champion! Talk about Life not being Fair!!  I think the top 24 in scoring should be the participants, not matter which country they represent!!  Oh well, off the soapbox, and on with the games. Hope springs eternal, and all of that!////FROM JACK:  I think it's interesting that the USA's women's soccer goalie is named, Hope.

FROM BS NEAR ORLANDO:  That is exactly what my parents told me as a child. " Do a good job." ////FROM JACK:  One of my first Winning Words was this one.  "Virtue is learned at mother's knee.  Vice is learned at other joints."  Evidently you spent time at the right joint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.
S.H. in MI