Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Winning Words 7/25/12
“Be strong.  Don’t give up hope.  Life is like a jump rope.  Up Down Up Down Up Down.”  (Blue October)  Last week I was introduced to “Blue October,” a group that’s not like Lawrence Welk.  “Life Is Like a Jump Rope,” has some good lyrics, and the music really fits.  We all need to be reminded to remain hopeful when life’s situations tempt us to give up hope.  Why not buy a jump rope as a reminder?    ;-)  Jack

FROM CS IN MICHIGAN:  Good words for today.////FROM JACK:    ////FROM JACK:  Here's a rhyme to use when you get your jump rope.   Cinderella, dressed in yellow   went upstairs to kiss a 'fella
made a mistake   and kissed a snake   how many doctors   did it take?   [count until someone messes up]
////CS RESPONSE:  Next time I jump rope at the gym I will remember the rhyme – and the words////FROM JACK:  Also, remember, Up Down, Up Down..

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN:  If I had a jump rope I think I would strangle myself learning to use it.  Jumping and moving the rope requires multitasking which I am not good at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!////FROM JACK:  How come the girls were always better at jump rope than the boys?  Does that mean that your wife is better at multi-tasking than you are?

FROM SAINT JAMES:  Good Winning Words!  Very timely...////FROM JACK:  Timing is everything, including jumping rope. 

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Jumping rope was one of our neighborhood wonders.  We had a group of kids, both boys and girls who would jump all day long.  And, if there was no one to turn the rope, we tied it to the garage door handle.  I was telling my girls about it the other day and trying to remember all of the jumping rhymes.  We would do it for hours and hours and hours.  What fun!  I will check out the Blue October group.  The words were wonderful to read today because I walk 3 miles most mornings and I need to keep saying to myself...."one foot in front of the other...keep going...nearly there."  Thanks for taking the time to find us "Winning Words" each morning!////FROM JACK:  I remember how my sister could jump rope while going down the sidewalk.  Maybe you could try doing that during one of your 3-milers. 

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN:  This is soooooo true. Thank you!!! Life is like a jump rope. And a jump rope is a good reminder.////FROM JACK:  Pull up Blue October and their song, "Jump Rope," on your computer.  I think that you will enjoy it.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  How many turns does the rope take while you are still in the air? It's one way to stay "up."////FROM JACK:  I always thought jump rope was girlie stuff; then I saw Ali jumping rope in the gym.////PFC RESPONSE:  In boxing it's "skipping."

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  This is so true of Israel in the OT.////FROM JACK:  And for you Chicago Cubs fans, too....as far as hope is concerned.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  It is way too hot down here to jump rope.  One day at a time and life is a constant change.   The WSJ had a picture and story about Augustana College these days and their program for parents so that they don't become helicopter parents.It is definitely a change for colleges, students, and parents.////FROM JACK:  I never felt that my parents were "hovering" when I was in school.  Bust I guess that each of us has our own nest.

FROM BS NEAR ORLANDO:  a gent by the name.of Bobby Hines started a jump rope business in
Kenosha,  he was a friend of Alan Ameche.   think their wives were
related.  Ach der lieber.  with luck he is still alive and still selling good exercise if you learned how to "  UMP like a rabbit, Boxer, an athlete???" ////FROM JACK:  I saw that you can order, on the internet, a jump rope called The Muhammad Ali Rope-a-Dope Jump Rope.  There's a little "computer" in the handle that counts the number of jumps you do.  Maybe you'd like to order one.

No comments: