Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Winning Words 7/24/12
“Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”  (Victor Kiam)  Poor VK lived an up and down life.  In that sense, he was like many of us.  We have our good days and our bad ones.  Victor tried to see the good in the midst of the not so good.  It works sometimes, and then there are those other times.  When you find yourself in those “other times,” seek out the positive.  Look for the silver lining behind that cloud.    ;-)  Jack 

FROM JK IN MICHIGAN:  This is why the character Rocky Balboa was so popular. People really desired to see the perseverance and commitment in themselves.////FROM JACK:  I wonder if the disciple Peter was ever called, Rocky?  His name means, Rock.  

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  A line sung a lot in our family while I was growing up..."You just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again."////FROM JACK:  Barack Obama used these words (by Dorothy Fields) in his inauguration speech.  God gives each of us opportunities to make a new start.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  But not moving forward by much, right?! He is REALLY looking for the positive!! I like what Eckhart Tolle  (Author of The Power Of Now) says in this regard: "Accept...then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. This will miraculously transform your whole life."  It helps you to stay positive, and re-think the present moment.////FROM JACK:  This morning I attended a weekly meeting of the Optimist Club.  I was talking with a friend and had to remind him to take to heart the words of The Optimist Creed which begins: "Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind...".


FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Good WW for me today. At VBS I was asked to give a presentation on CROP Hunger Walk. It's a challenge to do something that very young kids will find interesting but that also teenagers won't laugh at because they think it's all kiddie stuff. I realize I may fall on my face but it's a little difficult to trust that we'll all be still moving forward and not backward into disinterest or apathy. But I'm trying.////FROM JACK:  I have always enjoyed doing "children's sermons."  Since I was once a child, I try to recall what it was that interested me at that time.  I then give "my message" in an empathetical way.

2 comments:

Jerry K said...

This is why the character Rocky Balboa was so popular. People really desired to see the perseverance and commitment in themselves.

Anonymous said...

Good WW for me today. At VBS I was asked to give a presentation on CROP Hunger Walk. It's a challenge to do something that very young kids will find interesting but that also teenagers won't laugh at because they think it's all kiddie stuff. I realize I may fall on my face but it's a little diffficult to trust that we'll all be still moving forward and not backward into disinterest or apathy. But I'm trying.
S.H. in MI