Monday, July 23, 2012

Winning Words 7/23/12
“When you reach out, the chances are pretty good that someone will reach back.”  (Cheryl Richardson)  As I reread this quote, I started humming…”If you’re ever in a jam, here I am.”  Lucy and Ethel sang it in a talent show.  “Friendship” is when people can rely on each other to help in time of need.  As we reach out to help in “need” situations, we’ll often find that unexpected blessings come back.  True?    ;-)  Jack

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  True.   A term that I never heard of until we moved to the South is "what goes around comes around."////FROM JACK:  Even Eminem mentions that in one of his rap-songs (just so you know that I keep up on things).////TAMPA RESPONSE:  Do you listen to Eminem?  For years I have avoided movies except for Disney and definitely rap because I cannot abide the violence or the language.  I have just fallen heir to some wonderful jazz cds plus some Mozarts and Andrew Lloyd Webbers.  Lucky me.
////FROM JACK:  Altho, Eminem, Madonna and Lady Gaga are not on my usual play list, I'm intrigued by them and why they are popular.  I find that each has an interesting background story...as do we all.  One CD that I often play as background music while I "create" on the computer, is "Mozart for the Mind."

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  One of my book's chapters is "Life is Reciprocity." As we treat others so, in turn, we tend to be treated the same.////FROM JACK:  I remember that it in your book; in fact, I saw it as a recurring theme.  "Give, and it shall be given unto you."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  As Ol' Ben Franklin is attributed to have said, "Well done, is better than well said." You don't have to look very far, to see needs that beg for a helping hand. Blessed are we who have the health and strength to reach out in that way.  We find the truth in "It is more blessed to give, than to receive"! ////FROM JACK:  Paul says: "Remember the words of Jesus, 'It is more blessed to give etc.,'" except that we don't find Jesus actually saying that.  Of course, not everything that Jesus said wasn't written down.  Luke comes close by quoting Jesus: "Give, and it shall be given unto you."  You caused me to think...today!

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  my bff and i call each other lucy and ethel.  we are, what i like to think, a stable staple in grayslake.  she is usually lucy.  i tend to be ethel, her grounding and centering voice, (mostly to keep her out of trouble), she can be a wildcat!  i am sometimes lucy just for the fun of it!  but, gladly not so wild...i am in nyc visiting my beth and sister pat.  i hugged someone today and they asked where i was from because i certainly could not be from nyc and hugging on the street.  we reached each other.  it was a god thing...a good thing. i guess the two most times lead to each other.////FROM JACK:  Somehow, I'm not surprised by your actions.  I think that it's in the genes.




No comments: