Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Winning Words 5/30/12
“In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.” (Colin Powell) In his book, “It Worked For Me,” Powell lists some common sense rules that have worked for him. I’ve read that some people are giving the book as a graduation gift.. Those starting a career can benefit from the advice of a proven leader. In reality, it’s the General’s way of making public his system of values. ;-) Jack

FROM EEC IN MICHIGAN: That's an interesting quote.////FROM JACK: It's from an interesting book reflecting the thoughts of an interesting person.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: i was just taking to a friend of mine about this very thing. those who matter will be by her side no matter!////FROM JACK: Your song for today...."That's What Friends Are For."////MORE MARY: my t-shirt today reads..."i get by with a little help from my friends". my song for the day i spoke to my friend was ..."all god's creatures have a place in the choir".


FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Sounds a little cynical to me.////FROM JACK: I guess I focus in on "We know our friends and our friends know us." That kind of focus keeps me from being cynical.////PFC RESPONSE: I envy your ability to focus on the positive. I guess I analyze too much.////FROM JACK: "When you go through life, make this your goal: Keep your eye on the donut and not the hole."

FROM BLAZING OAKS: A neat turn of phrase. It sounds like a worthwhile read...I'll ck. our library, Just ck'ed our The Lower River by Theroux, which sounded like a neat adventure. SO thankful to have so much good reading material!!! I read in your blog that someone has had 41 holes-in-one!! Unbelievable, and I have yet to have my first! As they say, life is not fair...:-) Bill had a hole-in-one at the Pastor's Retreat one year, and won the Course prize of a quanity of Beer! Being a teetotaler, he allowed as how a new car, or truck would have been more appreciated! HA!////FROM JACK: For my ACE, I got a case of Absorbine Jr.

No comments: