Thursday, May 24, 2012

Winning Words 5/24/12
“The silver lining is, when you think life is falling apart, it’s falling into place.” (Rays of Light) Marcus Ray has written a book designed to help people develop positive attitudes. Today’s quote is from that book. Marcus was an All-American football player at the Univ of Michigan. He writes that even successful people struggle to stay positive. The only non-positive about him is that he now lives in Columbus, Ohio. ;-) Jack

FROM JL IN MICHIGAN: Love this. Will probably put it in my newsletter one day.////FROM JACK: Before the advent of computers and the "save" file, I used to save my "stuff for future use" in a cigar box. Have you ever seen a cigar box?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: How true those words are. We have just returned from the four day graduation ceremonies of our youngest Orlando granddaughter from Georgetown University. The weather was absolutely beautiful for all of the indoor and outdoor activities. Two of the three speakers were very optimistic and uplifting in spirit.It is great to see the young people start on their careers.////FROM JACK: 2 out of 3 is pretty good. A baseball player who makes a "hit" 1 out 3 times is considered to be a star. I think that commencement speakers often get an undeserved bad rap...2 out of 3 times.

FROM DR PAUL: You are a very funny guy!!!!////FROM JACK: Some people "get" it, and some don't. I put some things into WWs for my own amusement.

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: Curious... why do we seem 2 lean toward the negative? No one has 2 make him/herself see the "bad side." ////FROM JACK: I'm not a psychologist, but people and their actions/reactions have always interested me. God's gift to us of "free will" allows us to choose between being positive or negative. Most of the time, we swing back and forth. In my life, my choice is to accentuate the positive. Your choice is up to you. "Why" is an interesting word.

FROM DR J IN OHIO: are you making sure I read to the bottom of your messages? I DO! ;-) Columbus isn't so bad!////FROM JACK: I figured that I would hear from you. It's not that Columbus or Ohio are so bad, it's the "attitude" of some of those fans of that school down south.

FROM JK IN MICHIGAN: This is just what I was looking for this morn :-)////FROM JACK: That's why Marcus titled his book, "Rays of Hope." The words are meant for people like you...and me as we look for hope in this world around us. There are other "rays" in the book, too.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: I believe it. God is a just-in- the-nick-of-time God. I just wish He could get my empty mfg. building sold.////FROM JACK: Maybe you should reread your book. Which reminds me...I still have a few marked places in my copy that I want to comment on. Maybe one of these days you'll get a call from me.

FROM SPARTAN JS: The other non-positive is.......he didn't play for the SPARTANS!////FROM JACK: We are who we are because of the decisions we make...and some luck, too.





No comments: