Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Winning Words 4/10/12
“God Bless You” (Author Unknown) The other day I happened to look at a dollar bill that I’d received in change. On it, someone had printed, “God Bless You.” I wondered who had done that, and why…and why had I gotten it? “God bless you,” in religious practice, means that you want the best for someone. I meant to save that bill, but I can’t find it. Maybe it’s for the best that it’s back in circulation. ;-) Jack

FROM HY YO SILVER: You as well!////FROM JACK: Maybe that dollar bill will come to you.

FROM JL IN MICHIGAN: You always pass the blessings forward anyway. Nice when someone has a tangible piece who doesn't know you.////FROM JACK: Do you remember the kids' game, Pass It On? Adults can play it, too.

FROM DM IN MICHIGAN: Amen to that!!////FROM JACK: I guess that means that you agree.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: I think what it is trying to say is "God bless you. Pass it on."////FROM JACK: A lot of people get excited about having "In God We Trust" on our money. I got excited to see a hand-printed personal message.

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: A good example of "paying it forward."////FROM JACK: It certainly caused me to do a double-take.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: How interesting! Like a random act of kindness...I just read a quote from Jeff Bridges (Oscar winning Actor) on God's blessings: "When you truly commit your life, you start receiving more blessings than you could imagine." True for most of us, if we can really understand what TRULY COMMIT means!?! Bill used to comment, "Most of us are Christian, more or less, now and then...which perhaps is more true! blessings to YOU!////FROM JACK: I'm still wondering who it was that did that random act?

FROM HS IN ILLINOIS: I once knew a layman at St. John's Lutheran Church, Winter Park, Florida, now deceased, who used to distribute bills with that phrase written on it. Maybe some of his bills are still circulating. He would be pleased to know that.////FROM JACK: Your story has inspired me to do that with one of my bills and put it into circulation. I think that I'll do it on a twenty.

No comments: