Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Winning Words 3/7/12
“Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7) My father-in-law grew up in a church where today’s “words” were painted boldly on the wall behind the altar. We have the same words on a plaque hanging in our home. The lives of many people are burdened these days with a variety of concerns. Picture yourself, sitting in that church and looking at the words on the wall. They are for you! ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: The choir where we went for years sang this anthem. It was one of my very favorites. This is a wonderful message to remember! Thanks! I needed to remember this one today!////FROM JACK: To know that God cares about our cares is a comforting message.

FROM MA IN MICHIGAN: Amen Jack. Thanks every day for thought provoking thoughts. I copy and see that my husband gets them too. Some days he understands, some days he doesn't but we keep plugging along. Anyway, many thanks////FROM JACK: God always understands, and God always cares.

FROM NO IN MICHIGAN: Wow! We just sang that choir anthem for Harold Wilson’s funeral this past Saturday! What a comforting Bible reading!////FROM JACK: This Bible verse is also in Psalm 55:22 and in Hebrews 4:15,16. Many people through many generations have benefited from this assurance.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: Amen. Practiced it this morning at a point of great stress. Things worked out. I found the lost item through someone's honesty, but was not anxious as I checked the library lost and found and received the item.////FROM JACK: Some believe. Some don't. My experiences have led me to be in the first group.

FROM DS IN MICHIGAN: I love this one. Need to remind myself of this. ;o)////FROM JACK: When the burden becomes too heavy, we begin to look for help...which reminds me of the line in a hymn: "Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there."


FROM BLAZING OAKS: A TIMELY REMINDER! "BE NOT ANXIOUS FOR ANYTHING, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU HAVE NEED OF"... I TRY TO KEEP THIS IN MIND, WHILE MY DAUGHTER IS JOB HUNTING; A TRYING TIME!! THANKS FOR THIS REMINDER. WINNING WORDS, FOR SURE.////FROM JACK: Matthew 23:37 (adapted) "As a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings, so does the Lord care for us."

FROM PRAW IN ILLINOIS: This has been a favorite since the first time I heard my Mother speak it..when I was a child.////FROM JACK: I've quoted it before, but it bears repeating, especially as it relates to what your mother taught you. "Virtue is learned at mother's knee. Vice is learned at other joints."







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Practiced it this morning at a point of great stress. Things worked out. I found the lost item through someone's honesty, but was not anxious as I checked the library lost and found and received the item.