Monday, March 05, 2012

Winning Words 3/5/12
“We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, And when we find someone whose Weirdness is compatible with ours, We join up with them and fall in Mutual weirdness and call it Love." (Dr. Seuss) Sometimes my sense of humor has been called, “weird,” meaning, peculiar, curious, odd, kooky. I’ll accept that, because much of life is weird. Maybe that’s why Dr. Seuss’s work is so popular. ;-) Jack

FROM TS IN MICHIGAN: Now be careful. I think you've brought Mary into this, and she is pretty perfect in every way!////FROM JACK: You're right? Weird is not a word to describe her, but putting up with weirdness is certainly one of her attributes.

FROM NL IN FLORIDA: Great, I saved it.////FROM JACK: As with any collection of quotes (Winning Words), some are better that others. I like this one, too.

FROM DR J IN OHIO: I really like Dr. Seuss and think there are a few more words to describe your humor! HA!
But I've enjoyed being on the receiving end for 30+ years now!////FROM JACK: It seems longer than that. BTW, I like the Seuss book title, Yertle the Turtle.

FROM TL IN TEXAS: Jack, all of your senses are perfect. That's why I take WW's once a day. Thank you again for continuing your ministry. You bring God things to life!////FROM JACK: Thank G-d for a God who puts up with non-sense.

FROM RG IN ARIZONA: I heard it a little differently, and I think the the following quote is essentially noting the same idea that none of us are perfect. I like this one -- "I'm not okay; you're not okay; and that' s okay!" it is also a reminder that Love has no condition to it. ////FROM JACK: I'm okay with that. Love is weird!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Like the song, Strange Kind of Love….////FROM JACK: "Strange"...another synonym for weird.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: We did a Bible study based on Dr. Seuss' books. It was the best one I have ever led. His book Horton Hatches an Egg was the basis for the children's sermon Sunday. Loved it and so did the kids! ////FROM JACK: There's a book, "The Gospel According to Dr. Seuss." Amazon has a used one for about $2. There's also a "Gospel According to the Simpsons." Have you ever done a children's sermon using Bart and his family?

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: Ur sense of humor doesn't seem the least bit weird 2 me...////FROM JACK: You can probably guess why that is.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Yes, and it still is after all of these years. Lorax was the top movie for the past weekend.////FROM JACK: I watched the movie "trailer." Lorax looks interesting, but I may just read the book.
FROM TRIHARDER: and then become even weirder.////FROM JACK: Can you remember back...to how GBS described first love? "Only a little bit of foolishness and a lot of curiosity." Yes, love is peculiar.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: "Weird" is just something the other guy doesn't understand. Maybe he's the one who is weird. What's wrong with weird, anyhow? It's just a weird word.////FROM JACK: Some people try to put a real (or imaginary) wall between themselves and those who are different from them....different color, different religion, different politics, different mental acuity. People are weird.







1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

I heard it a little differently, and I think the the following quote is essentially noting the same idea that none of us are perfect. I like this one -- "I'm not okay; you're not okay; and that' s okay!" it is also a reminder that Love has no condition to it.