Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Winning Words 3/27/12
“Those who want milk should not seat themselves on a stool in the middle of a field and hope the cow comes to them.” (Elbert Hubbard) I smiled when I read this quote in Gilbert’s book. Can’t you just “see” the guy on the stool? The one who makes the sales is the one who gets off of the stool. It works in the business world, at home and even in the church. By my computer is a sign: “Get tough--get off your duff.” ;-) Jack

FROM HYHOSILVER: True - and hilarious. ////FROM JACK: Some things are false-and not so hilarious.

FROM KB IN MICHIGAN: I have to tell you this is one of my favorites!////FROM JACK: I think that each if us has an "agenda" that makes this a good quote.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I like your sign Jack, I looked around my computer quickly and noticed I had posted a quote from Thomas the Tank Engine (kids books). "What can I do today to be a really useful engine?" Thomas My son loved the Reverend Wilbert Awdry. Great stories well produced. We still have a drawer full of VHS tapes my son is now 21.////FROM JACK: When did the little boy become a man. Didn't Peter, Paul and Mary sing a song about that?////MORE GOOD DEBT: I think so. So did Harry Chapin and me...

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Great words. God helps those who help themselves. Of course, there are always exceptions which have to be accepted when there seems no reason why, We have a 56 year old friends who has just been diagnosed with a deadly cancer. She has three boys- the oldest a freshman in high school. ////FROM JACK: BTW, Ben Franklin came up with "God helps etc." I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her family. I know of a similar situation.

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: I think you should provide a "like," as Facebook does. Btw, are you on FB?////FROM JACK: My son has made the same suggestion. Yes, I do have a Facebook and a Twitter account, but don't use them. What I do now seems more personal, but I'm not so old that I can't change.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS: And too much welfare makes that happen--the cow comes to those who wait! ////FROM JACK: I was thinking more in terms of sales. Your husband was not one to sit and wait for the cows. BTW, on my way to a hockey game last night I saw homeless people sleeping on manhole covers that had steam coming out of them. They were trying to keep warm.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: The cow will come to you if you are holding a basket of hay. Never overlook your options.////FROM JACK: The one who would think to go and get some hay wouldn't be sitting on the stool and waiting for the cows.

No comments: