Monday, March 12, 2012

Winning Words 3/12/12
“It’s so easy to get lost these days in the shuffle and the noise.” (Kurt Kaiser) This is the last line from a song, “Thank You, Lord.” To me, it speaks to those who feel that no one cares. “Everybody has their own agenda. So much shuffle; so much noise! Do I count?” The chorus affirms: “Thank you, Lord, for knowing who I am.” If you know a “someone” like that, perhaps you can give a word of support. ;-) Jack

THANK YOU LORD (Kurt Kaiser)

Early in the morning
While the world is still,
Before the daylight streaks the sky,
I would know his will.
I commune with him, my Savior,
And listen carefully
And seek the strength I need from him
While praying quietly.

Thank you, Lord, for hearing me.
Thank you, Lord, for knowing who I am.
Thank you, Lord, for seeing me.
It's so easy to get lost these days
In the shuffle and the noise.

Why not try to do this
When you wake up in the night
With problems racing through your mind
And sleep becomes a fight?
Try this simple method,
It soon will gain control
And rest will surely come again
And calm down all your soul.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: There was a time when "going out" was accompanied by a level of excitement and anticipation, but there is so much "shuffle and noise" in public activity these days...it dampens the desire to get out to do things. After years of putting a comfortable home together we savor the serenity around our place, especially bringing in friends to join us for an evening of conversation by the fireplace, or soon to get together outside on the deck for brunch on a sunny morning. I guess that's our own agenda. With aging, our spring is winding down.////FROM JACK: I like the word, shuffle. I remember it being used in the song, "Shuffle Off To Buffalo," which describes a couple going to Niagara Falls on a honeymoon. On their 2nd honeymoon, they might shuffle off in a different way.////MORE FROM BOSTON: I never thought about it much, but now that you mention it I like the word shuffle too. It suggests sort of casually getting involved in the goings-on around you. One of the things I like about Boston is getting on the subway near us (the Harvard stop)...getting out in the center of downtown...then strolling about in the shuffle of the city.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: I didn't know this song, but it is a good one! "If you love people, you get back love in return, and experience a joy that makes you a happy person!" (credit:N.V.Peale) I have found this to be true, and if a sincere compliment can boost a person's feeling of worth, don't hold back!! The best thing we have to give is ourselves! When you live by Faith, very few things can get you down...////FROM JACK: The tune is as good as the words. George Beverly Shea would sing it at the Billy Graham Crusades.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: The words of the song are very meaningful. The author had a great thought and a wonderful way to greet the day. We find ourselves more and more enjoying the time we have together as a family at home, just enjoying each other. Without the noise. Although..sometimes the Wii comes on and we all dance together. That in itself creates a lot of noise, laughter and shuffling!



No comments: