Monday, December 19, 2011

Winning Words 12/19/11
“When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life focused on giving of myself, then I was prosperous.” (Wayne Dyer) Dyer was born in Detroit and raised in an orphanage. He advocates self reliance and positive thinking. He preaches what he practiced while growing up. Dyer also thinks that it’s a good idea to emulate Jesus, whether one is a Christian, or not. ;-) Jack

FROM MARCY IN FLORIDA: Wayne Dyer was a counsler at. Mercy High School and taught me drivers ed when I went there.////FROM JACK: Do you remember if he taught you to ask WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) when you were behind someone who didn't immediately GO when the light turned green?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: He talks about God a lot but is not Christian. I have heard Dyer talk and he has many great ideas. I've never heard him say to emulate Jesus but Dyer's speaks of positive thinking.////FROM JACK: In some instances I have difficulty in telling a Christian from a non-Christian. I agree that it is a good thing for anyone to follow the example of Jesus.////FROM JACK:
In some instances I have difficulty in telling a Christian from a non-Christian. I agree that it is a good thing for anyone to follow the example of Jesus.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: "I got plenty of nothing And nothing is plenty for me. I got no car, Got no mule, Got no misery Folks with plenty of plenty They got a lock on the door Afraid somebody's gonna rob them while They're out making more What for?"////FROM JACK: So....Nothin' satisfies you!

FROM JM IN VIRGINIA: He's one of my favorites. Enjoying beautiful Christmas music this morning. ////FROM JACK: Wayne Dyer and Christmas music...Easy Listening!

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: life "focused on giving of myself". If a person can see that being self-absorbed or self-centered is unhappy and frustrating, I think we can hear the rest of the Message. What I'm wondering about is what Wayne Dyer thinks is "prosperous." I like Henri Nouwan "Powerlessness and humility in the spiritual life do not refer to people who have no spine and who let everyone else make decisions for them. They refer to people who are so deeply in love with Jesus that they are ready to follow him wherever he guides them, always trusting that, with him, they will find life and find it abundantly." Anyone who thinks it is a good idea to emulate Jesus at least is thinking something that brings me, at some level, together with them. Great WW as we all continue to try to give of ourselves this holiday season and not just focus on what we hope to get.////FROM JACK: I see his message as a very positive one. The real gift is giving of oneself. I'm reminded of the words of Christina Rosetti's words in one of our Christmas hymns..." “What can I give him,Poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb; If I were a wise man, I would do my part; Yet what I can I give him— Give my heart.”


FROM BLAZING OAKS: Bill posted on our refrig: "Want what you have, and you'll always have what you want" (I keep coming back to that quote because it helped me many a time!!) ////FROM JACK: Jesus said, "I was sick; I was hungry; I was in prison; I was homeless, and you didn't do anything about it," or words similar to those.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life "focused on giving of myself". If a person can see that being self-absorbed or self-centered is unhappy and frustrating, I think we can hear the rest of the Message. What I'm wondering about is what Wayne Dyer thinks is "prosperous." I like Henri Nouwan "Powerlessness and humility in the spiritual life do not refer to people who have no spine and who let everyone else make decisions for them. They refer to people who are so deeply in love with Jesus that they are ready to follow him wherever he guides them, always trusting that, with him, they will find life and find it abundantly."
Anyone who thinks it is a good idea to emulate Jesus at least is thinking something that brings me, at some level, together with them. Great WW as we all continue to try to give of ourselves this holiday season and not just focus on what we hope to get.
S.H. in MI