Friday, December 16, 2011

Winning Words 12/16/11
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow,” (Sent by JM in Michigan) These words were seen on a sign in a counselor’s waiting room. “Courage” makes me think of the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz. I suppose that there are times when many of us identify with him. In the face of our fears…Courage!…Courage! ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Great words. We all face cowardly lion days. Prayer helps me overcome my fears. Sometimes I need courage to keep silent.////FROM JACK: I like the prayer: "Lord, please keep Your arm around my shoulders and Your hand over my mouth. Amen"

"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next. " (Mignon McLaughlin)

FROM BLAZING OAKS: I was in Cape Girardeau, MO this weekend for my granddaughter's graduation (Cum Laude with BA and RN degree:-) and The Wizard of Oz was the late night movie in my hotel room on TV. Bert Lahr was such a superb cowardly lion! Funny to have you mention that in WW tonight when I arrived back home....////FROM JACK: I was in Moline when I first saw that movie, and I never tire of it. My favorite character is Toto.




No comments: