Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Winning Words 11/8/11
“If you’re having trouble finding things to be thankful for, feel your pulse.” (My sister, Nancy) During a recent phone conversation, my sister gave me these Winning Words. You might stop right now and check your pulse (if you can find it). What are you thankful for? A friend is making a thanksgiving tree and is asking e-mail friends to fill it with words of thanks. I sent her the word, “hand.” ;-) Jack

FROM TS IN MICHIGAN: I am! Can't sleep!////FROM JACK: I try to fall asleep, counting my blessings instead of sheep. At least, that's what Bing Crosby advised. Tri-harder tomorrow night.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: Cool. A home-grown quote. My Dad always used to be amazed at how the heart could just keep beating all the years of a person's life and never stop. Thankful for amazement and awe at God's good gifts.////FROM JACK: Sometimes we fail to hear those who are closest to us.

FROM HS IN MICHIGAN: Good one. Creepy but good....////FROM JACK: There's creepier stuff than that going on these days.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Nancy contributed some of the winningest and wittiest words yet. She sounds like a winning sister. I have a difficult time feeling my pulse but my doctor always finds it. Two words I'll contribute to your friend with the thanksgiving tree..."life" and "wife."////FROM JACK: She's the best sister that I have, so that makes her a winner.

FROM MT IN PENNSYLVANIA: good one! similar to the saying "If you think that your mission in life is over, and you are still breathing, it's not."////FROM JACK: Mission in life? That's something to contemplate. Life, for me, is more than sending out Winning Words...although it's a pleasure.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: WHAT A WISE SISTER! I REMEMBER NANCY IN MHS...REMINDS ME OF THE QUOTE:"IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT HARD, READ THE HISTORY BOOKS." AMY TAN SAYS, "IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR FATE, CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE." AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE SHOULD BE OUR DAILY MANTRA, FOR ALL BLESSINGS, LARGE AND SMALL!! THANK YOU LORD!////FROM JACK: Wise? She graduated from Moline High School. "Blessings, large and small" reminds me of the book, "All Creatures, Great and Small."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Deeply thankful mine is still going strong. You have a very smart sister!!!////FROM JACK: Pilse: "Something that goes bump in the night."


FROM HR IN MICHIGAN: I am thankful for your winning words and Friendship.////FROM JACK: Friendship is usally a two-way street. In this instance, it is.

FROM JB IN MICHIGAN: Good words.////FROM JACK: Words are just words, unless resulting in some kind of action. Thanks for your good response.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Family ////FROM JACK: How BIG is the Family Circle?

FROM OSAGE DAVID: I am thankful for your work on Winning Words. I am also thankful for the gift of the Bible scriptures to read each day. ( I use the daily lessons from the back of the ELW.) I am also thankful for a wonderful spouse. Also for fine faithful Christian friends. Looks like I am starting a thanksgiving tree of my own. Hey, Dave, why not get up and start on one right now.////FROM JACK: That Thanksgiving Tree is a great idea, isn't it? Let's see if you follow through.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: I love it! Thanks for sharing.////FROM JACK: It sounds like her.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Faith. good family and friends, good health....
And the good fortune to be living in the United States of America. ////FROM JACK: That's a pretty good list. When you've got those, what more could you want?








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. A home-grown quote. My Dad always used to be amazed at how the heart could just keep beating all the years of a person's life and never stop. Thankful for amazement and awe at God's good gifts.
S.H. in MI