Friday, October 21, 2011

Winning Words 10/21/11
“A nod, a bow, and a tip of the lid to the person who coulda and shoulda and did.” (Robert Brault) Brault is a free-lance writer who has a way with words. A nod to him for the ones I used today. And a bow to him for also writing, “I try to forgive and forget, but I keep forgetting I forgave.” And, finally, a tip of the lid for, “Have you ever seen a high school diploma on a doctor’s wall?” And, why not? ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: A tip of the old chapeau for those in the know.////FROM JACK: Chapeau...There's a word you don't hear much anymore...used from an Ohioan who also has a way with words.

FROM RJP IN FLORIDA: Love today's WW.////FROM JACK: This is one that "sales" people can relate to.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: I liked "I try to forgive and forget, but I keep forgetting that I forgave."......////FROM JACK: Even people with memory problems can't seem to forget some of the stuff they should forget.

FROM PASTY PAT: The phrasing has a kind of Jimmy Durante 'lilt' to it.////FROM JACK: "Tipping the lid" was part of his act, wasn't it?

FROM LISA IN ARIZONA: Thanks for the thoughts that keep us thinking!! I wonder if doctors don't put their HS diplomas on their walls because it's not as impressive and sort of mute once they have the others. Personally, I like to see that they do actually have more education than the typical joe.////FROM JACK: A diploma isn't always an indicator a good education (except for U of W). I'd be impressed if I saw that a doctor had his high school diploma on his wall.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Pretty clever stuff.////FROM JACK: I'll bet that you'd hire him to write copy for you...if you could afford it.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: LOVE IT!!! What a jaunty, delicious way to express his good thought, or accolade. I concur and love the way he puts things. Hope we hear from him again!////FROM JACK: How about something from The Simpsons instead? Watch for it next week.

FROM YOOPER FLICKA: SUPER !////FROM JACK: You're a Super Duper Yuper.


1 comment:

Lisa in Arizona said...

Thanks for the thoughts that keep us thinking!! I wonder if doctors don't put their HS diplomas on their walls because it's not as impressive and sort of mute once they have the others. Personally, I like to see that they do actually have more education than the typical joe.