Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Winning Words 10/11/11
“I stand in awe of my body.” (Henry David Thoreau) I don’t think that Thoreau was a body-builder, but I do think that he had an appreciation for the intricacies of his body. In conversation with my internist recently he said, “If I ever win the lottery, I’d like to go and study molecular biology. There’s so much to learn about life.” If you won the lottery, what would you do? Buy stuff? Do stuff? Study stuff? ;-) Jack

FROM BS NEAR ORLANDO: Elvis bought his Ma a new house and auto, I would start a scholarship in my Ma's name, my Pa's name , my brothers' name, then my wife, and her sister.then Marge. Now if we would have something left, I would send some $ to the First Presbyterian Church of Kenosha, Wis, Sunday School, Then the Salvation Army.////FROM JACK: Evidently, Sunday School holds a special place in your memory. I enjoyed my Sunday School Sundays, too.

FROM BS NEAR ORLANDO: I firmly think most churches will develop and last if they do their Sunday School correctly., I mean really excite the children to go, and learn about Jesus, and his family and explain his life in terms of modern day life. My Sunday School teachers were the nicest people U would want to know and live with. Sundays Jack meant part of the day off. We still had to care 4 the animals, 2 or 3x's a day, and if threshing, or making hay, or filling silo didn't interfer, we went to church, later in life ,when ever some one said to me. "Will U go to my Synagog with me, I said let's go", or with Monti and his family on New Years eve, and especially Xmas to a Catholic Church. I said let's go", I think church is the most under used function of our society.////FROM JACK: No wonder you think as you do today. They "growed" you right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I won the lottery, I'd use it to get a Pastor for our church. We wouldn't have to deal with Synod guidelines and so forth and could get one as experienced as whoever would be interested. I guess I'd also use a part of it to buy half a dozen metal shelving units to put in our shed so I could carry a bunch of our stuff from the house and keep it in the shed. Yep, that's what I'd do.
Glad you're back. Great WW today too. I bet your internist is in awe of your body.
S.H. in MI