Monday, September 19, 2011

Winning Words 9/19/11
“Good morning. This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not be needing your help, so have a good day. I love you.” (Joyce Meyer) A friend saw this in a doctor’s office as he was waiting for a test. They were the right words for him at the right time. How many racing hearts might have been calmed by those words? May it be a comfort to know that you are not alone. ;-) Jack

FROM CS IN MICHIGAN: What a great way to start the week!////FROM JACK: When you were in school, did the class ever start the day by singing...."Good morning to you. Good morning to you. We're all in our places with bright shining faces. What a wonderful way to start a new day."

FROM PC IN MICHIGAN: Fabulous! We just told the Sunday School students yesterday that God "surrounds you" like the cherry juice surrounded the hot fudge sundae "pits" we made. They had a lot of fun and had something "visual" that they could put together with the story as we added the rocks (sprinkles/chocolate chips), Joseph (ice cream/whip cream/marshmallow cream), mud (chocolate sauce), Joseph's eyes (chocolate chips or cinnaman dots), cherry (God surrounding you like the juice surrounds the sundae), and spoon (his hand reaching up to God)...who helped him out of the pit. This kind of reminds me of that -- God surrounding us and "handling all our problems".////FROM JACK: There are various ways to make Bible stories come alive for children. I would like to have sat in on Sunday's lesson. BTW, I remember reading that a law in Illinois once banned the selling of icream on Sunday. Some enterprising person covered the ice cream with various toppings, so that it no longer looked like illegal ice cream. He named it a Sundae.

FROM DN IN MICHIGAN: My mother-in-law is having orthroscopic surgery today and your Winning Words were appreciated.////FROM JACK: Today's quote fits with many different situations...even in the operating room and in the waiting room, too. Another name on the Prayer List.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: What wonderful words to begin a Monday. Now if I can just let go and let God, I will be fine. He/she must be a good doctor.////FROM JACK: We used to have: "Let God and Let God" hanging in our kitchen. I wonder where it went? It's still hanging someplace in our mind.

FROM LP IN MICHIGAN: Thanks.////FROM JACK: There are so many things to be thankful for. Thanks for reminding me not to take so many of them for granted.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Or did that doctor have a giant ego? ////FROM JACK: I have a note by my computer which reads: "SAY NO to negative thinking." Do you want me to send you a copy?

FROM BLAZING OAKS: My pastor-niece sent this to me a couple of years ago. when Jan and Hal were ailing. It's a timely reminder that God IS involved in our care! I'm sure we all have times when we'd like more direct
instructions about what to do!?! But faith is trusting God to work it out. He might use OUR hands, or feet, or mouth...! Kind of reminds me of that very old hymn, "Be not dismayed, whate'er betide, God Will Take Care of You..."////FROM JACK: The words on the sign in the doctor's office can stand alone. Yes, "instruction" is good, but sometimes God's presence is in the silence. "God will take care of you" has some good words, although some high church people might think that it's too syrupy and swingy.

FROM MS IN MICHIGAN: I like this, but have a feeling that what I perceive as problems are not necessarily what God perceives as problems!////FROM JACK: Your concerns are his concerns. "Come unto me, all you who are weary and heaven laden, and I will give you rest." I find it helpful to have a scrap of paper by my computer where I list concerns for the day. God looks over my shoulder as I write.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: The best thing I got from Stephens Ministries training was "God is the curegiver, we are caregivers." I guess some doctors like that too and sometimes they just want to communicate and have their patients think a little more about who really cures them. ////FROM JACK: I'd never heard that "Stephen Slogan." It's a good one.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Thy will be done, but I still believe in getting second opinions.////FROM JACK: I need a second opinion on what you are "saying."

FROM JO IN MICHIGAN: I really like that one! It is such a comfort to know He is handling things for us, especially since we have no idea what we're doing...////FROM JACK: Just like with kids, we stumble on, and the parent hopes that the children learn from their mistakes. If not, the parent is still there help and to comfort.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best thing I got from Stephens Ministries training was "God is the curegiver, we are caregivers." I guess some doctors like that too and sometimes they just want to communicate and have their patients think a little more about who really cures them.
S.H. in MI