Monday, August 01, 2011

Winning Words 8/1/11
“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funnybone.” (Reba McIntire) Did you know that the funnybone is not a bone, but is the ulnar nerve in your elbow? Did you know that there’s a World Rock Paper Scissors Society which holds a tournament to see who’s the most skilled at playing Rock, Paper, Scissors? Did you know there’s also an Air Guitar tournament? ;-) Jack

FROM RS IN MICHIGAN: Oh boy, “a’int that the truth”?////FROM JACK: Play a game of rock, paper, scissors with someone today (2 out of 3) and have a laugh together.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Love Reba. I have a few CD's of her songs. She certainly had a backbone when her whole team went down in a plane crash. She didn't let it defeat her! She has a great singing voice, a wonderful sense of humor and lives a Christian life. ////FROM JACK: I like the "twang" in her voice. Since she grew up in an Oklahoma "rodeo" family, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she knew something about outhouses.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: I'm not a big fan of Country Western music (Bill was! & 2 sons and grandson ARE>>>) but I thoroughly enjoy Reba Mc. Her TV show was good fun too, and this clever observation sounds just like her, upbeat, succinct, and true. I guess there is an organization for every one...Can't imagine a Rock Paper Scissors convention! We'll just "keep on keeping on"...Mother Theresa says, "We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop!" Good to bear in mind!////FROM JACK: Why not organize a "rock, paper, scissors" tournament for your Bible Study Group? It shouldn't take a lot of time, and I'll bet that it brings some smiles to those Baptist faces. I would suggest an "air guitar" contest, but they probably wouldn't know what you were talking about.

EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: I am amazed at the depth of your knowledge!////FROM JACK: Knowledge comes from keeping your eyes and ears open. Today's WWs were inspired by one of the devotional books that I use, called, "Three Minutes A Day."

FROM BF IN MICHIGAN: I use my bones everyday!////FROM JACK: Do you mean, "throw the bones?" Did you know that dice were originally formed out of the knucklebones of animals? Did you know that the biblical phrase, "casting lots," is thought to refer to casting dice as a way of deciding issues? I wish for you..."7 come 11."

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: dem bones all connected?////FROM JACK: Dat's what Ezekiel say!

FROM CJL IN OHIO: You're just full of information! Wow!////FROM JACK: I'm full of something.





No comments: