Thursday, August 04, 2011

Winning Words 8/4/11

“To win in a relationship, don’t keep score.” (Crown Point, IN) This saying was seen on a church sign. It can apply in a variety of situations. I smiled when I read, “Christians are required to love one another, even if they’re married.” When the love game is played correctly, there’s no keeping score, no losing, only winning. I came across these “3 Rules for LUV”…Listen – Understand – Verbalize. Try it today. ;-) Jack

FROM WATERFORD ANNE: True. As needing to take credit may get in the way of doing a good job. I read a comment recently that most divorces are caused by selfishness and misunderstanding. This is probably true in many relationship difficulties; friends, family. It relates to today's winning words.////FROM JACK: Most divorce events start with someone keeping score.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Wonderful Words! I sent them to all! Especially loved the 3 Rules. I am having computer problems. Hope you get this.////FROM JACK: Your response reminds me of an old Sunday School song: "Sing them over again to me, wonderful words of love...."

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Good advice...Your three rules on marriage would do the trick, if husbands would be more verbal! I read another church sign this week @ Christian Fellowship Church: CHURCH PARKING! (Trespassers Will Be Baptized!) Hopefully we have learned to heed not keeping score, over a lifetime of relationships...////FROM JACK: ...and wives less verbal? I'm just kidding. It's hard to have a one-sided conversation, isn't it? I visited a church not long ago where the spots closest to the door were reserved starting with the senior pastor. Every deacon had a spot. So did the organist and the choir director. It was a long row. Visitors had to fend for themselves.

FROM IE IN MICHIGAN: It has been wisely said:"Before you get married you should have your eyes wide open; once you're married you should keep your eyes half closed (only if you're not driving).////FROM JACK: ...and share the remote, too.







No comments: