Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Winning Words 5/3/11
“Be a positive thinker, not a negative stinker.” (Michelle Nikitaides) Michelle is a cancer-survivor. During her chemo treatments she used the words of today’s quote to help her stay focused on the positive things in life. She now runs in marathons to raise money for cancer research. Life has its problems, but sometimes those situations can help us to grow in unimagined ways. ;-) Jack

FROM YOOPER NANCY: SUPER ! FROM JACK: The world is better because of people like that "thinker."

FROM BF IN MICHIGAN: I appreciate your "winning words". They are a true source of inspiration. This is a very fine thing that you do. FROM JACK: The pleasure is mine. The inspiration? Where do ideas come from?

FROM KT IN MICHIGAN: Thanks for including me on the distribution list. Words are a powerful communication tool and I make every attempt at choosing “Winning Words.” It’s my intention to use my words wisely and share “Winning” words liberally.

FROM MOLINER CF: Only place I know where a negative produces a positive is in photography. And even that's not a truism anymore with digital. FROM JACK: Maybe you can come up with a truism for the Digital Age.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: What a good, succinct thought, and easy to remember. I am blest with an optimistic spirit most of the time, but a serious illness can take its toll, for sure. We all need to keep the positive thoughts in the forefront...I tried to impress this on my son, when he had to have the 3 surgeries in a month, due to the hip replacement! He is on the way to full recovery, Praise God! FROM JACK: I don't know of anyone who's optimistic all of the time. Maybe God, but who knows the mind of God?

FROM JC IN HONG KONG: Many people need near-death experiences to awaken them out of their dream. I applaud those who don't need them. Entire cultures are similar. Biblical Israel and modern America are great examples. Sept. 11 temporarily woke up the USA, but this alleged killing of Osama surely will put them back to sleep. Just like Obama wants. You will call me a stinker, but the truth only stinks to dreamers. ;-) FROM JACK: I wonder if bin Laden had a near-death experience.

FROM AJ IN MICHIGAN: Great thought, Jack. Just what I needed. FROM JACK: Staying focussed on the positive is a real help, indeed!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Not an overly wonderful statement but it makes a fantastic point. She is to be admired!!! FROM JACK: I wonder what help I would use if I were in her situation. A woman once told me that she recited the memory work that had been "forced" upon her during confirmation instruction 40 years before.

No comments: