Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Winning Words 5/25/11
“Someday is a code word.” (Jason Kotecki) “Someday….I’ll quit smoking…I’m going to write that letter…I’ll go to an AA meeting…I’ll tell my kids how proud I am of them…Someday, this is what I want to do.” Here are some suggestions for breaking the “Someday” code. 1) Write down what you want to do. 2) Put down, WHY. 3) Set a date and time. 4) Label it your, “Breaking Free Day.” ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Many live on "Someday Isle" (someday I'll...).////FROM JACK: That has the makings of a good song lyric. Work on it. Some day, I'm going to find a way to get off of Someday Isle.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Since the world didn't end last weekend, it seems like the start of a new year now, another chance, another opportunity to change yet before it really does happen. Enjoyed your WW. Also enjoyed the fact that I was able to find Jason Kotecki's blog on the internet. I found him because you told us about him but just musing here--how did you find him among the zillions of blogs out there? Curious.////FROM JACK: Someday I'll tell you.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: I guess we all just muddle through this life with a lot of help.////FROM JACK: I'm reminded of the Beatles song, "Help." It's worth a uTube watch.
Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me?

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

FROM HS IN MICHIGAN: Terrific. ////FROM JACK: Did you ever watch the cartoon show, "Tom Terrific?" It was terrific!

FROM MKH: Love it Jack! I am a quilter (something Marilyn and I took up together) I have a list a mile long of people I want to do this for I have 11 started at some level, I always have that tugging at me! I just finished my Aunt and Uncle’s 50th Wedding Anniversary quilt, I took it when we went to see them in March their anniversary date was 10-15-2006, yikes! Quilts are a labor of love!////FROM JACK: Are quilters called, "Sew and Sews?"

FROM JL IN MICHIGAN: I try not to miss a day speaking with each of my kids, and my brother in California. The older I get the more ominous the word "someday" means to me. ////FROM JACK: Someday I'll follow your example with my sister and my children.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Love this one...I'm sure it hit everyone! I have shoe boxes filled to the hilt with photographs...and a garage FULL of things that need sorting...or just to be pitched! My twin Jan was SO organized with photos, and had at least 50 yearly albums! I hope her daughters are perusing them! Yes, I definitely live on "Someday Isle"...I'd rather read a good book, or play a round of golf, or a game of bridge, or go to a play or movie. or concert, or on a shopping trip, or do my church activities, or spend time with family....etc. etc. etc. Maybe someday, when I'm old and gray, I'll accomplish my "someday" projects!! (I said, MAYBE...!~!) Good one!////FROM JACK: How about this poem by Edgar A. Guest....
He was going to be all that a mortal should be
Tomorrow.
No one should be kinder or braver than he
Tomorrow.
A friend who was troubled and weary he knew,
Who'd be glad of a lift and who needed it, too;
On him he would call and see what he could do
Tomorrow.

Each morning he stacked up the letters he'd write
Tomorrow.
And thought of the folks he would fill with delight
Tomorrow.
It was too bad, indeed, he was busy today,
And hadn't a minute to stop on his way;
More time he would have to give others, he'd say
Tomorrow.

The greatest of workers this man would have been
Tomorrow.
The world would have known him, had he ever seen
Tomorrow.
But the fact is he died and he faded from view,
And all that he left here when living was through
Was a mountain of things he intended to do
Tomorrow.

FROM MOLINER CF: Good advice. I'm going to try that someday.

FROM LBP IN MICHIGAN: Hmmm. Interesting idea. Someday, my folks are going to take that trip to Iceland. Maybe I'll send this WW along to them (again, since I know they're on your list) with a little hint to make that happen. Of course the current spraying of volcanic ash justifies that someday not being today. I've been trying to schedule tasks. They don't always get done but with my digital calendar they keep popping up. I like "breaking free day." Those nagging "someday" items feel awfully weighty to carry around sometimes. ////FROM JACK: The best way to "delete" a pop-up is to "do it!"

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS: I think "someday" is also a word of hope, promise, anticipation of the future, and a look forward in life.////FROM JACK: "Somewhere" is a word that can refer to that heaven which believers looks forward to with hope. "Somewhere, over the rainbow etc."

FROM JT IN MICHIGAN: OK - I've written three down, labeled them "Breaking Free Day", dated one for Memorial Day, will work on next ones when I'm done with the first. I hope I can make this stick. The second one is going through hundreds of photos (yuk), I've been "going to do that" for years!!!!!////FROM JACK: "The longest journey begins with a single step." You have take the first step. That wasn't so hard, was it? Now comes the next step....and so on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since the world didn't end last weekend, it seems like the start of a new year now, another chance, another opportunity to change yet before it really does happen. Enjoyed your WW. Also enjoyed the fact that I was able to find Jason Kotecki's blog on the internet. I found him because you told us about him but just musing here--how did you find him among the zillions of blogs out there? Curious.
S.H. in MI