Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Winning Words 5/10/11
“A person who never makes a mistake never tried anything new.” (Einstein) I’ve read that Albert wasn’t a very good student in school. He didn’t live up to expectations. He wasn’t perfect. Hey, I can identify with that. Einstein recognized that we all make mistakes, and that the successful person is the one who tries to learn from them. I wonder if AE ever tried to find a new hair stylist. ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Do you have to do something new to make mistakes? Gosh, I make them doing my old stuff. Like today, I went to get pork chops and I came home with chicken, weed killer, a bonnet for Melanie, and ice tea. Pork chops??? Well, I guess it's chicken tonight. Personally, I think AE liked his hair wild...he was making a statement. What statement, I don't know! FROM JACK: "I'm a wild and crazy guy!" Or, was that Steve Martin'e statement?

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Wow, I wonder if all us readers are afraid to type in a mistake. This is a new WW we've never tried to comment on after all. I've always enjoyed thinking how AE was working as a bookkeeper or something and working out the Theory of Relativity in his own spare time. As far as I've heard anyway. Guy like that can afford to have frowzy hair. If the rest of us aren't going to use our free time that productively, suppose we have to look more hidden in the crowd. Enjoyed your WW again too. They always are stimulating. FROM JACK: Those physicists march to their own drummer, don't they?

FROM MOLINER CF: Who cares, he had hair! FROM JACK: In life, something are important, and some are not. Trying to figure out the theory of relativity would curl my hair, too.

FROM BEC IN MICHIGAN: (...That last line was a little mean.) FROM JACK: I wonder if Einstein ever cracked jokes, or did he only crack atoms?

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: My Dad said that his father told him that a person who has no enemies is a person who has never done anything.... FROM JACK: I guess it's true that some people just don't like it when you try to befriend them.

FROM MV IN MICHIGAN: I noticed something early this morning. During the thunderstorm, the booming and the lightening, I could hear the birds singing. Even they can sing their song during trying and threatening times. So can we! FROM JACK: Einstein, storms and birds can each teach us something.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: Thanks for the chuckle! He could have used a knowledgeable hairstylist, but when you have his "smarts" it wasn't important, I guess! I read his extensive biography that came out a couple of years ago, which was quite fascinating, but one couldn't help but think how eccentric he was, and pretty self-centered, too. I guess the crucial thing about making a mistake, is if we LEARN from it...Then it has some value! Hopefully we not only get older, but also wiser...! Reminds we of when 4 high school boys skipped morning classes, and after lunch reported to school, explaining they'd had a flat tire. The counselor smiled, and said, "Well, as you know, you missed an important test this morning, which Mrs. Root left with me, so take
seats far apart from each other. He handed out a piece of paper and pencils, and still smiling, said, "First question: which tire?" OOPS!! Mistake number one... FROM JACK: Is it so surprising that the Confession of Sins is repeated each week in the Sunday Worship Service....or do Baptists have such a thing as the Confession of Sins?

AFROM FM IN WISCONSIN: So true . . . for me, not only when trying something new, but also doing things that others can do so well, but I am unable, such as trying to saw a straight cut with a hand saw. And there are a lot of other things which I have attempted to ‘accomplish’. FROM JACK: I'm sure that there are those who have tried (and failed) to do some things that are easy for you. We each have our talents. That's what teamwork is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wonder if all us readers are afraid to type in a mistake. This is a new WW we've never tried to comment on after all. I've always enjoyed thinking how AE was working as a bookkeeper or something and working out the Theory of Relativity in his own spare time. As far as I've heard anyway. Guy like that can afford to have frowzy hair. If the rest of us aren't going to use our free time that productively, suppose we have to look more hidden in the crowd. Enjoyed your WW again too. They always are stimulating.
S.H. in MI