Friday, March 11, 2011

Winning Words 3/11/11
“I don’t know what other people are like. I haven’t been able to crawl inside anybody else.” (Iris DeMent) Iris is one of my favorite singers who’s often appeared on A Prairie Home Companion. I like her, because she’s able to put to music some of my own thoughts. An example of this is, “Let the Mystery Be.” You can see it on uTube. We like it when we can be understood…at least, somewhat. ;-) Jack

Here are the lyrics for Let the Mystery Be.

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they all came from.
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go when the whole thing's done.
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.

Some say once you're gone you're gone forever, and some say you're gonna come back.
Some say you rest in the arms of the Saviour if in sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're comin' back in a garden, bunch of carrots and little sweet peas.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they all came from.
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go when the whole thing's done.
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.

Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory and I ain't saying it ain't a fact.
But I've heard that I'm on the road to purgatory and I don't like the sound of that.
Well, I believe in love and I live my life accordingly.
But I choose to let the mystery be.

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they all came from.
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go when the whole thing's done.
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.
I think I'll just let the mystery be.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Interesting words to her song! I think, as Christians, we should know where we will be. But what it will be like is a whole different story. Today will be spent in prayer for the Japanese. FROM JACK: By faith, we "know" certain things, but not in the scientific way. Eternal life is a mystery, in that we have not seen with the eye. "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, the things that God has prepared etc."

FROM MOLINER CF: Iris is one of my favorites also. Love her closing "Our Town" for the final episode of Northern Exposure. She and Emmy Lou Harris make a great duet. And you are right, there is always a message. FROM JACK: In her own way, she IS able to crawl into the skin of her listeners.

No comments: