Monday, February 14, 2011

Winning Words 2/14/11
“What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It’s the only thing that there’s just too little of.” (Hal David) With the music of Burt Bacharach, this is one of my favorite songs. I’ll bet that you can sing the words right now. The answer to the world’s problems seems so simple. How to put the word, love, into action is the real problem. Perhaps it starts in our small corner of the world. ;-) Jack

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Love shows in so many simple expressions, and is so easy to give. Too bad we set just one day aside with hearts and flowers to commemorate it. FROM JACK: Who sez so?

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Yes, I can already think of a couple of loving things to do right off the bat and they are loving because of my trying to change my attitude and trying to put myself in walking in someone's else's shoes and not just doing tit for tat. thanks for the reminding WW and stirring us to let the love flow out of us today. FROM JACK: "Love is all around, no need to waste it."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Remember the "Love Is cartoons"? I loved them and I love your Winning Words
each morning. "All we need is love"! FROM JACK: "LOVE IS....growing closer as the years roll by." The Oakland Press prints those cartoons each day.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: ...Or how about good old Victor Herbert, in Naughty Marietta, one of the first
Operettas I acted in at dear old Prospect Park Muni in Moline! :-) Ah! Sweet Mystery of Life, at last I've found you! Ah, I know at last the secret of it all. All the longing, seeking, striving, waiting, yearning, The burning hopes, the joy and idle tears that fall! For...'tis love and love alone, the world is seeking: And...'tis love, and love alone, that can repay! "Tis the answer, 'tis the end, and all of living, For it is LOVE alone that rules for
aye! Good thought for Valentine's day, even tho I lost my true valentine nine years ago this month....
FROM JACK: Yes, "'tis love and love alone, the world is seeking." And remember that part of 1 Corinthians 13...."Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." Another good thought for Valentine's Day.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS: And sing it I did! FROM JACK: I thought I heard.....way down here in Michigan.

FROM MOLINER CF: One of my favorites in that vien is the Coke commercial. Granted, they are selling pop bit t is moving. FROM JACK: I agree. I wish that it could be more than a catchy jingle.

I'd like to build the world a home
and furnish it with love
grow apple trees and honey bees
and snow white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
and keep it company

I'd like to see the world for once
all standing hand in hand
and hear them echo through the hills
for peace throuout the land

thats the song I hear
Let the world sing today
a song of peace
that echoes on
and never goes away

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony

I'd like to build the world a home
and funish it with love
grow apple trees and honey bees
and snow white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
and keep it company

FROM PRFM IN ALABAMA: And although it wasn’t expressed in this way in Egypt, but maybe peaceful dissent is another way . . . not as pleasant, but I hope that a lesson is learned by what thousands of Egyptians did in the last two weeks. But like you, I vote for LOVE.
FROM JACK: Until I walk in their sandals, I don't know what I would do. I would start out with LOVE. Turning the other cheek is easier said than done, but I trust the one who said it.

FROM INDY GENIE: Maybe John Lennon was right...all we need IS love! ye ta da da da da! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!!! FROM JACK: There are so many good "love" songs, and you've named one of them. You know many more of them, too. In fact, I'm sure that you can sing most of them.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: Heard Burt Bacharach play that at Pine Knob. We could start in our families by our example. I attended a brunch last week and one of the women's sister had died. The two were estranged for
many years. The feud involved a legal issue and an estate. Her sister had been dead a few months before this person heard of her death. How sad, no matter what the reason. We must forgive. It is the only path to peace for each of us and the world. "Let it begin with me". FROM JACK: In the Bible, it says: "The LOVE of money is the root of all kinds of eveil." Aint it the truth?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can already think of a couple of loving things to do right off the bat and they are loving because of my trying to change my attitude and trying to put myself in walking in someone's else's shoes and not just doing tit for tat. thanks for the reminding WW and stirring us to let the love flow out of us today.
S.H. in MI