Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winning Words 12/30/10
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and, behold, service was joy.” (Tagore – Sent by Dana) I always appreciate it when readers of Winning Words send me quotes that are interesting to them. Tagore was well known as an Indian thinker and poet. I remember being introduced to his work in my college Oriental Philosophy class. He’s worth reading. ;-) Jack

FROM YOOPER PO: I love this one! FROM JACK: 2010 saw you acting on one of your dreams.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: In helping others, we really do help ourselves! FROM JACK: "One hand washes the other," as the saying goes.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I had never read the third part of that quote! Makes quite a difference in interpretation! I think those of us who have chosen a life of service, will readily agree that it is satisfying to know you have made some small contribution to making the world a better place. By now we have all experienced the truth of "it is better to Give than to Receive"...I'll have to get better acquainted with Tagore. FROM JACK: A similar problem exists when passages from the Bible are taken out of context. There's more to "the story" than first meets the eye.

FROM PRGC IN SAN DIEGO: Tagore...use him more. Good stuff for our souls and spirits. I usually am more "put together" when I am serving someone or a cause. How about you? Tagore's words were a real motivator afew years ago when we did a mission in Tula, Mexico for children. FROM JACK: No matter what age we might be, the time is always right for some motivation to do some good in this world. I wonder how your mission has affected the children with whom you had contact. God knows!

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: I like this one too. Service is joy and what's amazing is that everyone in one way or another is able to serve-seems to be no limits. FROM JACK: One thing I remember about you is the "joy" that radiates when you have taken opportunities to serve others. It's a gift of God!

FROM LG IN MICHIGAN: Oh, I really love this one!!! Thanks for all you do, Jack! God bless you with all you need to continue your good works for His glory in 2011!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one too. Service is joy and what's amazing is that everyone in one way or another is able to serve-seems to be no limits.
S.H. in MI