Monday, December 13, 2010

Winning Words 12/13/10
“Nothing ahead of you is bigger or stronger than the power of God behind you.” (Sent by PRPH) A friend of mine has gone through some very difficult times. An unexpected diagnosis. A treatment with uncertain results. Changing priorities. The problem loomed big and strong. But by recognizing the presence of God, and by taking one day at a time, a “higher power” has taken over his life. ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Changing priorities rang out to me. Say you want to get from A to B and one person in front of you seems to control the situation. Do you just decide not to go to B or do you trust that God still wants you to go to B and that He will put another person in front of you or else transform the first person to support and not oppose this journey from A to B. I'm so thankful for that scripture from the Apostle Paul I think that we see through a dim glass darkly--it seems to help in this taking life one day at a time and not feeling so lonely about it all. Plus also every morning your WW. They do offer daily encouragement. Thanks from one of your readers.
FROM JACK: The petition, "Thy will be done," means that God will help us to find a way through problem situations if we are patient enough.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I tried, just yesterday, to think how differently I would act if I knew I had only a certain amount of time left here on earth, perhaps 3 months, or even a year. I wondered how I would prioritize my time--what would be important? Would leaving words, songs, poems, or letters for loved ones be more important than just spending actual time with them (even if that time was uncomfortable for them)? I hope I never have to make that decision. After a few hours I slid back into my comfortable existence--recognizing how blessed I am. FROM JACK: Just wondering...... If someone we know goes into hospice care, would it be acceptable or unacceptable to ask what it's like to know that the end is approaching. It might come up in conversation without asking the question directly. Still wondering.

FROM MOLINER CF: Larry does listen. FROM JACK: I read that God doesn't think that he's Larry.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: That's true, even when the answer is not what you would like or even what you prayed for... FROM JACK: I find comfort and guidance in the petition: "They will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." The power of God is beyond our knowing.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: What a wonderful message!! I will keep your friend in my prayers. God knows his name FROM JACK: God knows a lot of things....far beyond our understanding. Amazing!

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: An excellent quote...we find this truth, that God behind you (or at your side) is a powerful force in dealing with serious setbacks or health problems, or times of LOSS. I hope your friend's health is improving! But either way he/she has gained wisdom that will always stand in good stead!! FROM JACK: It's always one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Changing priorities rang out to me. Say you want to get from A to B and one person in front of you seems to control the situation. Do you just decide not to go to B or do you trust that God still wants you to go to B and that He will put another person in front of you or else transform the first person to support and not oppose this journey from A to B. I'm so thankful for that scripture from the Apostle Paul I think that we see through a dim glass darkly--it seems to help in this taking life one day at a time and not feeling so lonely about it all. Plus also every morning your WW. They do offer daily encouragement. Thanks from one of your readers.
S.H. in MI