Thursday, November 04, 2010

Winning Words 11/4/10
“Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right.” (Hillary Rodham Clinton) Hillary! Either you like and respect her, or you don’t. But give her credit for being passionate in standing by her beliefs. Lucy said of Charlie Brown…”You’re too wishy-washy.” Many people want to play if safe by being passionate in a wishy-washy way. ;-) Jack

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Being passionate, taking a stand, and sticking by your guns is not easy, especially in the public arena where you may likely get harsh disagreement. Wishy-washy passion is the escape hatch to extract oneself during the heat of criticism. FROM JACK: In the religious world we're told about The Passion Story of Jesus. Now, there's real passion.

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: Are you thinking of "relativists?" FROM JACK: That's me!

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Don't we all? FROM JACK: Not Hillary! I'm wishy-washy part of the time.

FROM ME IN MICHIGAN: This is me! FROM JACK: Some situations call for people to be wishy-washy... to have the ability to see both sides of issues. Eventually, the clothes have to be taken out of the washer.

FROM TL IN MICHIGAN: Thanks for thinking of me. Jack’s Winning Words is throughout North America! FROM JACK: I conducted a "house" memorial funeral a few years ago. Most of those present were strangers to me. After the service, one of the strangers came up to me and asked, "Do you happen to be Jack from Jack's Winning Words?" Someone had been forwarding WWs to him, and he didn't know the source.

FROM MOLINER CF: Wasn't Hillary smart to get out of the country at this time of passion. FROM JACK: I was waiting for someone to pick up on the "Hillary" bait instead of the Charlie Brown thing. "One" of my worst qualities is cynicism.

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN: I LOVE this….this is my biggest problem at work. I’m so tired of the politics and games and you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. It is so hard. I like this. I hope when I’m gone, people will I say I was very passionate about what I thought was right. While I’m on this…I’ll say, I’m tired of unions. FROM JACK: Hey! The fire fighters have made me an honorary member of their union, because of my work as their chaplain. One of my passions is, "fairness." The right thing equals the fair thing. It is frustrating, indeed, when people aren't content with that.

FROM LG IN MICHIGAN: This is one thing that Hillary and I have in common--I sometimes drive other people crazy by my enthusiasm and "let's do it!" atitude. I think the passionate annoy the wishy-washy... Have a great day! FROM JACK: There are two pedals in the automobile... the gas and the brake. A good driver knows when and how to use each of them.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: Should we be passionate about wrong things? FROM JACK: Passionate is simply a modifier. What it modifies is the determiner of good or bad...in the eyes of the one who judges.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: "Because you are neither HOT nor COLD, I will spew you out of my mouth.." Is that in Revelation? I should look it l up, but am pressed for time! Yes, I admire Hillary, and feel badly for her that she never got her chance at the Presidency. She is a strong woman, and strong people always have their share of detractors and hatred. She certainly is not perfect, but she does what she does, with zeal! And she is one smart cookie, overall. I tend to be very enthusiastic for things that I believe in. I can identify with this! Fortunately, my husband was pretty unflappable, and even observed that I was fun to live with! ha! ( I have witnesses...) FROM JACK: John 3:16 Even you and Hillary would be "sensitive" in certain situations and put you passion on the back burner. You don't have to hit every person on the head with a hammer. BTW, since I have your attention...It's the Revelation of John 3:16.

No comments: