Monday, November 29, 2010

Winning Words 11/29/10
“Start everyday off with a smile. At least it’s a good start.” (Fortune Cookie) On Thanksgiving Eve we ate Chinese. Go figure. My fortune cookie contained today’s quote. It’s pretty good advice, especially as a new week begins. TGIM. It’s a new week with new opportunities awaiting us. Some have noticed that as I conclude my daily message, I do so with a smile and a wink. ;-) Jack

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: The week begins on SUNDAY....check out the calendar. FROM JACK: For people who go to "work," it begins on Monday. Retirees can choose whatever day they want.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: It is a brand new week with a brand new beginning. A new start to a new day. Why not smile? Amen and Amen! FROM JACK: It seems like you wrote AMEN with a smile.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: So now we know at least one source where you get your Winning Words, smile, smile. The mystery is only partially solved though lol. You've gotten us off to a pretty good start to this week. wink, wink. FROM JACK: Last week I got an envelope full of suggested WWs from JK IN MICHIGAN.

FROM ML IN ILLINOIS: "i have something in my pocket. it belongs across my face. i keep it very close to me in a most convenient place. i know you'll never guess it if you guess a long, long while. i'll take it out and put it on. it's a great big happy,(or brownie), smile!" i learned this song in brownie girl scouting. it has stuck with me a longggggg time. FROM JACK: Our minds are full of many good things, because someone took the time to teach them to us.....like you are doing each day for the little ones in your school.

FROM MOLINER CF: Ever notice how many "Fortune Cookies" do not tell fortunes but are proverbial? The HyVee fortune cookies also gives the definition and pronunciation of a Chinese word. Trouble is, they don't tell which dialect. I wonder if they say "you-all" in southern China. FROM JACK: On one side of mine is some Chinese writing. Maybe that tells my fortune. There is also a listing of my lucky numbers: 5, 41, 55, 11, 4, 9. I should go back and see if they were the lottery winners for that day.

FROM NFC IN ILLINOIS: Your talk about fortune cookies reminds me of when I took our mother to one of our lunch bunch meetings. She loved to go to the Chinese restaurant, and the fortune cookies were especially fun. One of hers read, "You will live a long life." That was at 101 years! We all enjoyed that. FROM JACK: And she lived to be 102. That's a long life. Those fortune cookies can be right.

FROM PRFM IN WISCONSIN: You are always thinking . . . which makes me smile FROM JACK: Writing WWs and answering on the blog makes me happy...and sometimes I even smile...like NOW!

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: A smile is the universal language! "The best face lift is a smile...". To instantly improve your appearance, smile, etc. etc. You can even tell when someone answers the phone with a smile...here's to starting our days off right! :-) FROM JACK:
So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin Smilers never lose and frowners never win
So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So now we know at least one source where you get your Winning Words, smile, smile. The mystery is only partially solved though lol. You've gotten us off to a pretty good start to this week. wink, wink.
Happy in Southfield, Michigan
S.H.