Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winning Words 11/17/10
“History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking
obstacles before they triumphed. They refused to become discouraged by their defeats.”
(B.C. Forbes) Forbes magazine usually has a list of quotes on the last page of each edition. Today’s words are directed toward those of us who have encountered obstacles in life…Thomas Edison, Babe Ruth and Helen Keller, to name a few. Don’t give up. All is not lost. ;-) Jack

FROM: PK IN MINNESOTA: Thanks for your WW today! synchronistic... FROM JACK: It's amazing that, without prior knowledge of situations, things seem to fit. Some would call it "The Twilight Zone," but I would see it as more of a spirtiual intervention.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: When I was watching my Dad shave as a youngster, he told me, "A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins." (Grantland Rice) It's been with me for over 60 years. FROM JACK: A famous quote, but one that has added meaning, because it came to you from your dad. Father's Day can happen at other times, besides in June.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: "They refused to become discouraged by their defeats." That quote rings true for me because it was exemplified by my father. He was a remarkable man, a role model who demonstrated for me that you don't give up in the face of obstacles. He was so influential, and still is as I reflect on how he guided my life. FROM JACK: It's good to have those who tell us what to do, but it's more important for them to show us what to do. Jesus came, not just to "tell about God," but to show, by example, what God would have his people do and be.

FROM MOLINER CF: "It ain't over 'til it's over." - YB FROM JACK: "The days dwindle down, to a precious few...." You know that song, don't you? I like the Jimmy Durante version...Very poignant!

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Those who persevere TO THE END shall be saved! I'm sure that the winners gained determination and strength from their setbacks. I seem to recall the story of Wilma Rudolph who was burned so badly as a toddler, that the DR. said she would never walk, much less run. Despite her injuries, she became a world champion runner. So many inspirations like that. Should inspire us all to keep on going,...and going...and going! (pant! pant! pant!) Hanging in there

No comments: