Thursday, August 26, 2010

Winning Words 8/26/10
“Who knows where an idea comes from. Our inspiration. Why do we imagine what we imagine.” (Chuck Palahniuk) I’m in the midst of reading one of the books written by Chuck, and came across this quote. People sometimes ask me where I get my ideas. I wonder about that, too. Our body is truly amazing, but especially the brain. Think of what it must do just to process what I have written. Overload! ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Chuck wonders where he gets his ideas? You wonder where you get your ideas too? We wonder where you get your ideas. But I wonder most of all where you get your desire to "connect." That the brain can generate this "connection" with other brains completely outside itself. And today's WW asking about the mysterious source. Even not knowing exactly the answers still connecting through the questions. Just amazing. FROM JACK: There are so many exciting things to learn....and so little time. BTW, On Aug. 26, 1920, the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing women the right to vote, was declared in effect. Willingness to change is important for countries, as well as for individualities. Now, where did that idea come from?

FROM R&MA IN MICHIGAN: Keep it up Jack - we love it all. Thanks We look forward to your winning words every day. They are truly inspiring! FROM JACK: At the last minute I deleted what I had planned to send. "Something" told me to substitute what I eventually sent. How does that happen?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: An idea is just a seed in the mind waiting to germinate. And the idea is an off-shoot of something seen or imagined. How truly magnificent is our amazing God Who create the perfectly formulated cells. FROM JACK: I remember the story of a little boy who was playing on a beach with a pail. He filled the pail with water and came running to his mother. "Look, mommie! I've got the ocean in my pail." That's the way it is with our knowledge about God.

FROM MOLINER CF: Ideas are only part of the solution. Action completes the cycle. FROM JACK: The brain creates the ideas and causes the action. Who's responsible?

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: You're a thinker. I think when we exercise our brain, like everything else, it works with acuity. I'll bet there are millions of people who never stopped to think where an idea came from...how it evolved, what makes us tick: I suppose our upbringing and environment would answer for a lot of that! I know I'm a lot better in "thinking outside the box" doing crossword puzzles than I used to be! :-) FROM JACK: Our Detroit Free Press now carries three crossword puzzles and do them most of the time. The "younger" generation think that the clues and how they relate to the answers is wierd. Wierd is an interesting word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck wonders where he gets his ideas? You wonder where you get your ideas too? We wonder where you get your ideas. But I wonder most of all where you get your desire to "connect." That the brain can generate this "connection" with other brains completely outside itself. And today's WW asking about the mysterious source. Even not knowing exactly the answers still connecting through the questions. Just amazing.
S.H. in MI