Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Winning Words 6/9/10
“May I never miss a sunset or a rainbow because I’m looking down.” (Sara June Parker) I’ve tried without success to find out something about Sara June. But it doesn’t matter, because what’s important are the words she’s written. I once read about someone who was always looking down. He found lots of money that way, but what’s money when you compare it to rainbows and sunsets? Let today be one when you concentrate on looking up. Do you “see” the message here? ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I like this Jack. I often look to the sky in amazement. I wrote a song a few months ago while gazing at a Red hawk circling nearby. I started wondering what if I returned after death as a Red hawk? It was a time of reflecting on my blessings and mostly my wife of 27 years. I told her it could be played at my funeral which she did not find as amusing as me. FROM JACK: Shortly after a member of my congregation died, his son was out hiking in the woods and saw a hawk continually circling above him. He was convinced that his father had come back to visit him in the form of that hawk.

I’M STILL WITH YOU (Red Hawk) © 2010 Jon Hanson
I’ll be the red hawk circling in the morning light
The moon through the clouds to light your way at night
I’ll be your prayer support from heaven above
Just marking the days until I see you again my love
I WISH I COULD ALWAYS REACH OUT AND TAKE YOUR HAND
BUT WE KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME IT’S PART OF GOD’S PLAN
YOU’VE GIVEN ME MEMORIES TO LAST AN ETERNITY IT’S TRUE
EVEN THOUGH I AM GONE—I’M STILL WITH YOU
The day I met you I knew love would stay
You taught me to lean on faith and how to pray
Through the miles we’ve shared loves laughter and tears
I can think of no one else I’d rather have shared my years

FROM PRJM IN MICHIGAN: Thanks for sharing the lyrics Jon wrote. I wonder if there is some way he'd be willing to share the tune, too. The words are very good. Unlike his wife, I'd like to have something like that played at the funeral of a loved one -- or anyone else's that it fits. FROM JACK: I'll see.

FROM PRDL IN OREGON: Another "Winner" for starting the day! Thanks FROM JACK: I aims to please.

FROM MOLINER CF: I hope that's not Sarah June Parker's punctuation. Isn't interesting how a comma can change the meaning of a sentence? FROM JACK: You're right! That comma was put in by mistake by me. It does change the message. Eliminate that negative.

FROM ME IN CALIFORNIA: Getting up early enough in the morning helps as well. Good health FROM JACK: We visited our son when he was living in El Segundo and enjoyed watching people jog, walk, bike and skateboard on the paved path along the beach.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Definitely enjoy each day. FROM JACK: That's one of the messages.

FROM PO IN MICHIGAN: Perfect, perfect, perfect --- those are the words I needed to hear today. And the sun just came back out in the last few minutes FROM JACK: Do you remember this song?

OPEN UP YOUR HEART (AND LET THE SUNSHINE IN) (Stuart Hamblen)
Gail & Rosemary Clooney - 1954 Cowboy Church Sunday School - 1955

Mommy told me something a little girl should know
It's all about the Devil and I've learned to hate him so
She says he causes trouble when you let him in the room
He will never ever leave you if your heart is filled with gloom

So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win
So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

When you are unhappy, the Devil wears a grin
But oh, he starts a-running when the light comes pouring in
I know he'll be unhappy 'cause I'll never wear a frown
Maybe if we keep on smiling he'll get tired of hangin' around

So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win
So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

If I forget to say my prayers the Devil jumps with glee
But he feels so awful, awful, when he sees me on my knees
So if you're full of trouble and you never seem to win
Just open up your heart and let the sun shine in

So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win
So, let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

FROM DWR IN MICHIGAN: good thoughts as usual - this one has a twist for me - someone noted that you do have to watch where you are stepping and that sometimes leads to finding coins - pennies - which by the inscription on them can remind you to - yes - look up - ie. - in God we trust. Sunsets and rainbows and in the grit of the street God is present and God is Good - All the Time FROM JACK: Your comments really enhance the WWs for today. I like "In God We Trust" and God is seen in the grit of the street.

No comments: