Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Winning Words 5/25/10
“If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” (Katherine Hepburn) That’s how I feel about sending out WWs. The words I choose are ones that please me. If they interest you, I’m pleased because of that, too. Some critics called Kate, “Box-Office Poison,” but I think that she showed them and pleased herself by winning 4 Oscars. I liked her in, “On Golden Pond.” ;-) Jack

FROM MS IN MICHIGAN: Your words interest and please many of us! FROM JACK: A pleasant response!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Make it two for this situation. FROM JACK: Numbers are not always how success is measured, but numbers sometimes make us smile inside.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: You invented a great format for a blog--quotes from the widest selection of people, identification of who the person is where we can get a point of contact in our memories, plus your own short commentary which, to me, are every bit as fascinating as the quotes so then not-famous people write their commentary too, which are also every bit as fascinating to me as the famous people's quotes. This is a WB Winning Blog!!!!!!!!!! FROM JACK: It makes me happy to have such a wide variety of interesting people in my computer address book. There's a story for each of them...including you!

FROM GUSTIE MN: So did I--- FROM JACK: I also liked The African Queen.

FROM MOLINER CF: Reminds me of my two favorite book titles: Kate's "Me" and David Brinkley's "Everybody is entitled to my opinion." FROM JACK: To be opinionated is not necessarily bad. I respect your opinions ....most of the time.

FROM MOLINER JT: Every WW is interesting to me.. You chose well.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: I liked her in everything...I saw her in person, when she starred in West Side Waltz, in Chicago, and even at her advanced age at that point, she was a commanding presence in the theater! Guess Who's Coming For Dinner was one of my favorites, which turned out to be Spence's last movie. Her autobiography is a fascinating read. I think she was quite lonely in her old age. FROM JACK: I think that many "stars" have a problem with the aging process, but time goes on for the human being, including us.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: You certainly please me with your"words" and I am sure there are many more.
FROM JACK: I aim to please...or, as Popeye used to say, "We aims to please."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You invented a great format for a blog--quotes from the widest selection of people, identification of who the person is where we can get a point of contact in our memories, plus your own short commentary which, to me, are every bit as fascinating as the quotes so then not-famous people write their commentary too, which are also every bit as fascinating to me as the famous people's quotes. This is a WB Winning Blog!!!!!!!!!!
S.H. in MI