Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Winning Words 4/6/10
“Everything begins with an idea.” (Earl Nightengale) E.N. was one of the first motivational speakers to capture my attention. He wondered why some people are so happy and some so miserable. His conclusion: “We are what we think about.” That was an idea that has stuck with me. N’s private journal is titled, The Winner’s Notebook. I think that I’ll Google it today. ;-) Jack

FROM NL IN FLORIDA/INDIANA: OK: Everyone has ideas, that's all they need to do is make a list of them. Then you narrow it down to the best ones and work on them. I used that yesterday with a client with no money, no job, and kids. He was looking for a loan with no assets but his mind. FROM JACK: The trick is to take your idea and make it work....a good trick if you can do it.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: We were studying that Isaiah 65:17-25 in Bible study last night. Some people thought this was a dream and not reality, maybe likely to happen in the next 1,000 years. Some people thought it was happening right now, already somewhere metaphorically speaking the wolf and the lamb are feeding together. Some people are happy. Some people are miserable but have hope. "We are what we think about." That is so, so true.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: That is just one advantage of being an optimist. FROM JACK: Among others.

FROM JB IN WISCONSIN: I loved his voice. FROM JACK: "He speaks, and the sound of his voice is so sweet the birds stop their singing."

FROM MOLINER CF: I'm not sure about that one. Problems are what drive ideas. FROM JACK: Well, I guess you have an idea and not a problem.

FROM BBC IN ILLINOIS: Thanks, my father read Nightengale when I was a little girl. Still remember his books and cassette tapes! FROM JACK: You can relive part of your childhood by getting tapes (now CDs) by Googling Earl Nightengale. Let me know if you do.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Elisabeth Elliot, widow of one of the missionaries killed yrs. ago by the Acua (sp) Indians, and inspirational speaker and author, once said, "It is always possible to be thankful for what is given, rather than to complain about what is NOT given. One or the other becomes a habit of life." I copied it and put it where I would see it everyday yrs. ago...it has been an immense help to me in having an attitude of gratitude. My sweet husband even remarked once at a church social, that "his wife was fun to live with"...I consider that one of my highest praises! Ha! As the old Bible verse says, "As a man thinketh, so is he..." Good Words of Wisdom! Thanks. FROM JACK: It's good to have inspirational words posted in various places. See what it's done for you?

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS: Earl Nightingale was a favorite of mine...he was on the air late at night in Chicago. FROM JACK: Every sermon begins with an idea, too....or, as we were taught...with a text.

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN: This is so true. Jack this is a great "spring" thought especially with all kinds of beautiful things popping out of God's green earth.

FROM MOLINER AE: I met him. Introduced him to a bunch of Insurance men at a conference when I was President of the Il State Assn of Life Agents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were studying that Isaiah 65:17-25 in Bible study last night. Some people thought this was a dream and not reality, maybe likely to happen in the next 1,000 years. Some people thought it was happening right now, already somewhere metaphorically speaking the wolf and the lamb are feeding together. Some people are happy. Some people are miserable but have hope. "We are what we think about." That is so, so true. "Everything begins with an idea." So, so true.
S.H. in MI