Friday, February 05, 2010

Winning Words 2/5/10
“Being wise is better than being strong.” (Unknown) The Winter Olympics will soon be shown on our TVs. Medals will be given to those who are the fastest, who score the most points. The best will be honored. That’s the way it works. But what if medals were given to the wise? Would you give one to a certain person in your life? ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Is a mind richly disciplined better than a mind richly stored? FROM JACK: It depends on what you mean by disciplined....and is it to be stored for future use or to be hoarded. MORE FROM GDJ: Doesn’t every hoarder think it is for future use? It’s really a funny thought (or sad) hoarding thoughts….! FROM JACK: I have a "stash" of good quotes and can't wait to spend them.

FROM MF IN MICHIGAN: I would give one to Ray Riggs. FROM JACK: As they say on American Idol, "Four yeses. Welcome to Hollywood!

FROM B IN MICHIGAN: I couldn't agree more! Thanks Jack for this and all your Winning Words.

FROM MS IN MICHIGAN: You would probably be one of them! Off today for a cruise through the Panama Canal, Long Beach, CA, to Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: To my Mother who continues to amaze me at the age of 97! FROM JACK: She is truly an amazing lady. Do they have Olympic events for those in their 90s?

FROM MOLINER CF: Was the unknown who said that wise or strong? Hmmm. FROM JACK: Hmmm. If the author is unknown, how would I know the answer to your question...unless I'm really, really wise?

FROM CJL IN OHIO: I'd give it to Ilene. She had insight & evaluation, and way to act in each situation. That's one of the things I miss.... FROM JACK: ...and both of you were wise in choosing to "pair up."

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Actually, every day I see so many people around me doing wise things that I think I would be handing them out right and left.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I couldn't agree more! Thanks Jack for this and all your Winning Words.

Anonymous said...

Actually, every day I see so many people around me doing wise things that I think I would be handing them out right and left.
S.H. in MI